Visibility of right section icon in a list

I have a simple list item. I use to right section icon to navigate to the update - data screen. I want to set the visibility of this icon for admin only. I know i can set the visibility of the whole List , but I dont see anything to set the visibility of the Right section icon inside the list. Please help
George

Hi George,

To have different visiblity for different parts of the list, use a custom list, rather than ā€˜simple listā€™ or ā€˜card listā€™ etc.

1 Like

Welcome to the community @penwickgkt

I agree with what @theadaloguy said, itā€™s best to use a custom list in this scenario so you can set a visibility setting on the icon.

So if you have a True/False parameter on your user collection called ā€œAdminā€ to signify the users that are admins, you can drop the icon into the custom list and set the visibility to sometimes visible if logged-in user admin is true.

Alternatively, if you do not want to use a custom list and you prefer to use a simple list, you can add 2 simple lists to the screen, one with the icon and one without. Then set the visibility on both simple lists. For the list without the icon, set it to sometimes if logged-in user admin is false. Set the second list that contains the icon to sometimes visible if logged-in user admin is true.