"Websites" made using Adalo : any online?

Hi,
I have been focusing on the Smart Apps making features till now but I d like to see some websites format pages (for desktop screens) made by users here…
* * * something that is not showing Adalo in its URL/domain name * * *
…and that is not just a page advertising for its App versions download.

Is there any online so far…?
did I get it right on that … :smiley:
Adalo plans = Web pages too, correct ?

Thanks…

1 Like

I believe @grid7 has some web apps.

1 Like

I’m also super keen to see some!

1 Like

Hey all , this is a web app done with Adalo:

1 Like

Hi @TORCH is it a progressive web app?

@Nocodep
Yes it is PWA, all made with Adalo mate…

1 Like

thanks @TORCH
I don’t understand why it’s on “full view” on my laptop if it’s a PWA.
Can we do that ??
As I started building some projects using the “desktop type” I just realized that t’s not really responsive…

Yes, I understand it is not responsive atm. I rushed this one mate tbh, this is primarily for desktop anyway, as it is a design resource companion while you are building something on Adalo.

1 Like

ok so it’s not a PWA ? it’s desktop just to be sure :slight_smile:

Can you use your own domain name or does it have to be a subdomain from Adalo? Is it always going to yourdomain.adlao.com?

Yes @Fliicky I tend to use subdomains as I usually set up landing pages for the primary www subdomain. But you can absolutely use your own domains.

For example:

thank you… Do you know how to add metadata?

Unfortunately, this is the extent of SEO with Adalo:

well that kinda sucks…they need to add that in

I feel you 100%.

I’ve had a couple of discussions with Adalo staff members about trying to implement URLs for specific screens and I’m sure they’re aware of the SEO limitations that come with the current setup as well. Since the core product is initially focused on mobile app development, web apps came as a cool “add-on” feature that was just a slight change from the native previewer they started with.

From my understanding, when it came to web apps and how Adalo jumped into doing them in addition to native, they basically removed the wrapper they built as a previewer. Everything else is the exact same.

Since this was built for native initially and web apps are more of an “add-on”, they didn’t build it with the same kind of framework a regular website uses. This why you see the URLs as target query parameters with random strings instead of “slugs” or “permalinks”.

Native apps generally don’t require SEO within the apps themselves. This would be rather complicated to achieve, from my perspective.

so I guess it would not be a good thing to create a website with addle?

I personally set up websites (landing pages) with Wordpress with links to the apps.

For example, this is the Wordpress site:

All of the “Browse template” buttons lead to the Adalo template marketplace that we’ve built using Adalo: