What arguments are used to specify database properties?

Hello.
I have had a few instances where the behavior on the application is not correct when we delete a database property.

For example,
A Suppose a data collection has property 1, property 2, and property 3.
Immediately after deleting property 2 from the data collection, properties 1 and 3 no longer work with the UI on the app. Before the deletion, everything was functional.

Is this problem caused because the data argument is specified by the number of columns or rows in the database?

I would like to understand why this problem occurs and take care to avoid it in the future.

Thank you.

Hi @Yumi,

Sorry to hear that you’re experiencing such a weird issue.

Deleting one property from a collection should not affect any other properties in this collection. Inside Adalo app, properties are addressed by an internal unique names, number of columns doesn’t matter according to my knowledge.

The UI bugs could appear when properties are interconnected in the UI screen logic. Imagine an example. There is T/F property “Teacher” and another T/F property “Verified Teacher”. On some screen you have a group with conditional visibility (Logged-In User → Teacher = TRUE). Inside this group you have a “verified badge” icon, with a conditional visibility (Logged-In User → Verified Teacher = TRUE).
If you remove the property “Teacher”, the UI will stop working correctly, as the 1st condition on the “parent” group isn’t met.

This is a very simple example but maybe it could be useful in your research.

Best,
Victor.

I was not notified and it took me a while to confirm. Thank you for your reply!

I see, good to know. Now I will be able to proceed to organize the database with peace of mind.

1 Like