What is happening with Adalo?

I built and learnt here for over a year and heavily regret wasting all that time, but I’m certainly glad I didn’t get to the point where I released anything and still need to rely on Adalo.

I’ve been reading the forums here from time to time after leaving and it appears Adalo is turning into a slow/non evolving dumpster fire.

I’ve seen plenty of people curious about sticking with Adalo and to be honest, jump ship while you can. After messing around with Flutterflow for a few days I can see it’s far superior already. It’s built by ex google engineers so they actually know what they’re doing, which is refreshing lol.

I also noticed on their forums that a once loyal Adalo builder who had a high traffic app published here has now moved over there and thanks Flutterflow for saving his business from the failure of relying on Adalo and their terrible performance, faulty design and broken plugins issues to just mention a few problems.

I myself have moved to Bubble, it’s such a pleasure to use, extremely powerful and performance is A+. They have a responsive engine for web apps so they display beautifully on mobile also. Plus there is even support to launch native apps.

I felt the need to leave this message because I wasted over a year here and suggest that anyone who is thinking of trying another platform - do it before you waste too much time or need to rely on an inferior platform.

Good luck everyone!

2 Likes

Is Bubble ok to launch a mobile native app?

Wow I should have look deeper into Bubble before choosing Adalo… 29$ vs 200$ a month…

While I agree that an IAP subscription component is needed, there is more than one way to approach that situation as well as more than one way to monetize your app.

App ads are one way, specifically if you have a good amount of traffic.

You can also gate your content just as you would for a subscription plan, but have the gate be non-recurring. I have an app where the user pays for gated content, and while I would like it to be subscription based, they just pay for it month-by-month with the standard IAP component.

It’s not as cut / dry as that unfortunately.

Bubble is great for web apps, but there are a lot more hoops to jump through if you want to have your app be native, many of them financial.

Also, you are comparing Adalos highest plan to Bubbles entry level plan. Bubbles highest plan is over $500 per month.

In my situation I only have 1 app but with a lot of actions.
1 app with Bubble is 29$/mo and with my amount of monthly actions, it is minimum 200$ with Adalo

From what I understood, to convert your PWA to a native app with Bubble, on the financial part it is a one shot cost right?

Yeah, it’s like $300-$500 I think.

But you also have to mess play with it more to get it to conform to app store standards since its technically a web app wrapped into a native app.

You also have the down side of not being able to use the app offline since it’s a webapp.

1 Like

Is it possible to use an app offline with Adalo (for instance listening to uploaded audios)?

To be honest i’m not sure what the full capability of offline use is, I just know that with a webapp if you are offline you get absolutely nothing.

Yes, please tell the real reason if you guys gonna broke up very soon.

Tell from your heart, I believe many people will support you.

May be releasing the extra VVIP package that can save you guys from the situation and returning these supporting you something in the future.

BTW, hidden topic won’t stop people complain. May be you guys will get more harder comment in somewhere.

In my real world , I calling my friend who I recommend Adalo about move to somewhere. people speaking is powerful than your thought.

I’m learning into it, I’m stop making with Adalo.

It’s fun to learn new thing and I know it’s more powerful.

This is crazy! I am just starting with Adalo and yes - ease of use and pricing are my two big concerns. I didn’t see anything about the new pricing as I just paid my first month. Where can I see this crazy new pricing.

I’m thinking of FlutterFlow before I even start publishing to the stores. My app is ready to go but now, unsure.

Hi everyone!

We noticed a few flagged posts in this thread and wanted to take a moment to acknowledge that they violated our community guidelines and have been taken down. The guidelines that were broken were:

• Promoting & recruiting for competitor products.
  • Personal attacks on the Adalo staff or other members of the community.
  • Persistent negativity about Adalo, team members, product, or experience.

We fully understand that there is concern amongst Adalo makers but the right way to help us help you would be spekaing with the team directly. We want to ensure a positive experience for new makers as while alleviating the concerns of makers who have supported us for a long time.

This is a good time to ensure that we all are mindful of our community guidelines & why they’re important! This community is full of passionate people & sometimes, without intent, there can be miscommunications or out-of-line comments and actions.

Thank you to everyone for making this community kind, thoughtful, constructive, and educational — we all benefit from following our guidelines.

Here are two screenshots from Adalo - new pricing scheme plus what counts as an action.

It’s from this thread - Revised Pricing Plans

I went away for a while and wow this situation has escalated. I think this thread is basically useless at this point. But on the good side I got to know how everyone feels and that I’m not alone. Hope the state of Adalo gets better truly.