What would make this forum better?

Hmm. Like if that user wants to say Thanks, Your welcome, Solved etc this is useful.

If it is solved, it would be more useful to click “Solved” in the … menu or link to the solved response. I think saying thank you and you’re welcome are fine.

1 Like

Oh yeah :slightly_smiling_face: Sorry

1 Like

@jessehaywood here’s another suggestion. I think Adalo staff have stopped responding in the help section (at least I don’t think I’ve seen their presence there lately), but perhaps you or staff could do a weekly office hours type video like Draftbit does, where you go through the forums and answer some of the questions. See here for an example Draftbit Office Hours (Nov 18, 2021) - YouTube

One thing Draftbit (and Xano) seem to do really well is respond quickly to help and support. I’m finding very much the opposite with Adalo.

Thanks for your response, @paulh! That’s a really neat idea about an answer and question format. I will chew on that.

You are correct in your observation of our staffs smaller presence on the forum and that is intentional. We are only a couple years old (the first forum post was in November 2019), and our staff was highly involved on the forum in the early days. As time has moved forward, Adalo has grown exponentially beyond what many would have imagined. Roughly 500 people sign up for Adalo every day. There are close to 2500 posts in the forum each month. At this point in our stage, it would not be feasible, nor wise, for our staff to be pulled from the things only they can do that makes Adalo better. We are making a shift in the culture of this forum and it began with installing our Community Leaders (@James_App_Maker, @bhanu, @Victor, and @theadaloguy to name a few). The forum is a place for our community to gather and learn from one another, offering support to other makers in the process. We believe this is the most efficient and scalable way to make this forum the best it can be.

If you need to get in touch with a team member, a support ticket is the place for that, not the forum. We have an entire team of really smart people to offer customer support. They answer tickets all day, no joke. So, creating a ticket is the best way to get direct support, but the forum and our community should be the first place people turn.

I’m not the most knowledgeable about the interworking of Adalo and app building. That’s not why they hired me. I got hired to develop and maintain our community. I’m a people guy. My goal isn’t to answer every question, but to equip our community to support each other. I have a lot of things planned to make this place better. But I can say with confidence that this community is amazing. Thank you for being a part of it!

4 Likes

Thanks @jessehaywood, appreciate the response and understand. Just FYI, I submitted three or so bug support tickets two weeks ago (one that is stopping my app from working), but haven’t heard anything back.

On your profile, add a button to view what it looks like to the public.

@jessehaywood Allow feature requests and bug reports in the forum too.