3rd Party API -> Custom List > Show no results found

Curious how to show something like “No Results Found” when using a 3rd Party API Custom List.

Sample query for list (this query works fine as a custom collection with a username parameter):
https://www.truthnetwork.com/app/favorite?action=getFavorites&username=4a3c689b-88e5-419c-97a3-323522be7ee7

[
{
"showid": "82",
"name": "A New Beginning",
"host": "Greg Laurie",
"imgurl": "B2nQy5T09sVW4qoKN73tzM1cDHwav8.png"
}
]

I made this sample query to retrieve the current favorite count (if necessary)
https://www.truthnetwork.com/app/favorite?action=count&username=4a3c689b-88e5-419c-97a3-323522be7ee7

{
"total": "1"
}

If the count total is 0, I want to display a message on the screen. Not sure how to handle that.

Update: I noticed that the results of a custom action are not available if you do the custom action running as the user enters the screen, only as the result of a button press or something like that.

Is this the intended behavior? It would be SO NICE to be able to use the results when the user enters the screen. I can get around this for now.

Hi @ncmarc, I just tested this using a External collection and it works as expected with conditional visibility.

When External collection’s Count=0 then this element is visible.

This would also work using Custom Actions as with your response Object, you can create a record in a Custom collection.

When Custom collection’s Count=0 then this element is visible.

1 Like

@Devops My hack solution: I just updated the count in my user table after a user favors a show.

Problem: When using an external collection and visibility, there is no option to pass query parameters like you can in the custom list. I need to pass username and action for example.

1 Like

Nice workaround :clap:,

Yes, you can technically pass a dynamic parameter in your External collection with the list’s filter but it depends on your endpoint.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.