Accessing an image field from the collection database

Hello,

Even though I have created the field Photo1 of the image type in the Rental Unit Database Collection, I am not able to retrieve the field value in the Rental Unit Details screen.

Screenshot : https://filebin.net/vv0pqzqetbcyxzpi/screenshot_1.png?t=ati1z852

Any ideas what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks a lot for your time and patience.

Rgds,

K.

Hi @Kami,

What do you have in “Available data” on your Rental Unit Details screen? (left pane)

How did you set up the conntction to Rental Unit Details screen from Rental Unit List screen?

I guess that the data is not being passed to Details screen, that’s the reason.

Best regards, Victor.

Hi Victor,

thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot share the screenshots uploaded on a public server here I took describing what my attempts were but if you look at the attached file, it should give you a pretty good idea.

Thanks a lot.

K.

Hello Victor,

I guess the following two screenshots below best answer your two questions :

(The field name in the database collection is actually called Photo1, I tried to add it in both screens although I think it should only be added in the Rental Unit List screen available data)

I can’t get hold of it in the image source :

or when I click on the red disk with the T letter in it :

Thanks a lot.

Rdgs,

Kâmi

Hi @Kami,

On your 1st screenshot with “Rental Unit Details” screen selected, you can clearly see that there is “No Linked Data” to this screen.
This is the only reason why you can’t access the image (and other details about rental unit).

So, it seems that you’ve set up the connection from “Rental Units List” to “Rental Unit Details” screen incorrectly.

I guess that on Rental Units List screen you use a simple list. Did you set up the connection there? Or in some other place?
Add an action to this list to Link to the details screen, remove previous connection and all should work fine.

Best regards, Victor.

Hi @Victor,

thanks for your help.

I basically figured it out.

(It may be just me but I am learning Adalo most efficiently just by doing.)

Rgds,

Kâmi

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.