Welcome to the Adalo Community!
We believe a happy & thriving community is the foundation for a happy & thriving product. We are focusing our energy on creating a community where we have fun, informative, and educational conversations that lead to the growth of our makers & the forward momentum of our product. To do so, we have outlined some guidelines and policies to help build, protect, and engage safely with each and every person that decides to join our community.
These guidelines determine what is and isn’t allowed on Adalo’s forums and apply indirectly to our policies regarding our platform in general.
- We encourage posts that improve the discussion. You set the tone of the experience and as such, we expect that you’ll be mindful when posting. If you find that you are frustrated, we ask that you reframe the question or statement in a positive way without accusations or generalizations.
- The conversations we have here set the tone for everyone. Help us influence the future of this community by choosing to engage in discussions that make this an interesting place to be – and avoiding those conversations that do not. If your comment is not for the betterment of the poster or community, please refrain.
- This community benefits when more people are involved — from expert to amateur, from simple to technical & everything in between. As such, discrimination, harassment, or belittlement will not be tolerated at all.
- If you notice something, say something. We’re hopeful that with your help, our community will be safe for everyone.
- Be reasonable, be constructive, and give respect to others
- If we can spend more time considering where to put our comments, questions, and concerns, we’ll spend more time responding & ensuring vibrant conversation and less time cleaning up! Read the general rules of the forum to find how we plan to keep things organized.
Stay on topic.
Try to keep all topics and posts relevant to Adalo and relevant to the topic being discussed. The forum is not the place to talk about religions, politics or other personal and controversial topics.
Spend time browsing topics.
It’s very possible someone else already has the same question or comment & have been successful in finding a solution. Additionally, you might find people that are working on similar projects that will be of great help as you continue on your journey!
Post in the right category.
The more time the community can spend answering queries, instead of organizing — the more answers & solutions we can find together!
Do not cross-post.
The more we can minimize cross-posting the less clutter & the more likely the community will be able to come to a solution. Everyone wins if you only post once about a specific topic (after you first browse topics, of course!)
Start a new topic, if it’s a new topic.
If you find that a thread breaks off into a radically new direction — start a new topic so other users can find what you’re talking about.
Adalo employees are in the forum & are encouraged to post. They are not the first line of responses you should expect to receive to your query. If you would like to speak directly to the Adalo staff, please submit a ticket via https://info.adalo.com/submit-a-support-ticket rather than @tagging them or DM’ing them. Abuse of tagging or DMing employees will get you removed from the forum.
If you would like a feature that Adalo does not currently have, please post it to ideas.adalo.com instead of creating a thread in the community.
Found a Bug?
Bugs happen — but they’re difficult to find when they are mixed with community posts. If you find a bug, instead of creating a thread, please report it at https://info.adalo.com/submit-a-support-ticket.
Our moderators are identified by the “Adalo Community Leader” badge next to their name. We actively seek these moderators from within our community to join us in helping to moderate the forum. These moderators are members of our community who we have specifically asked to become a moderator, based on their contributions to the forum.
These members are provided with extra forum privileges such as the ability to mark posts as solutions, remove content or temporarily suspend accounts in extreme cases. We also provide moderators with other multiple perks such as free Adalo Pro membership, an exclusive slack channel in the Adalo team’s Slack so they may update us on issues & streamline communication if necessary, and of course, receive swag!
What will get you banned or suspended
- Spamming — this includes excessive self-promotion & re-posting the same message within several threads.
- Hate speech or discrimination for any reason to any member.
- Personal attacks on other members of the community.
- Persistent negativity about Adalo, team members, product, or experience.
- NSFW or other explicit or illegal content determined by the Adalo team.
- Excessive tagging or DMing of Adalo employees