Adding expiry date to in-app purchase

I know there are a few posts on this but any videos or images would be really helpful.

I have the in-app purchase component working but I need to set that after 1 year the subscription will expire and they will go back to a free plan.

Here is an image of my database setting premium user to true after a successful purchase and also an expiry field. (it is 1 hour for testing purposes).

But the purchase does not expire so how do you make in-app purchases expire after a certain time frame
Screenshot 2021-06-09 at 21.32.01

Hi, what are you using for payment processing? The Stripe component?

It’s the Apple in-app component

Hello!
I did something like that, but I gave up. It is not okay for the plan to expire every month, because users do not update it.

I’ll tell you how I did to expire the plan.
I made a “Loading” page set as Home (for the user to visit it every time they access the application).
In this loading page I set ‘’ Update Logged in user> PLAN: FALSE ‘’ if ‘‘expire date’’ is before current time.
And a link to the Home page of course.

I hope you understand

3 Likes

That’s a great solution! You might could also utilize Apple’s server notifications, which send information to a webhook that you setup (Integromat, Zapier, etc) to update a particular user’s account once their subscription is expired. More on that here: Apple Developer Documentation

1 Like

Could you make a tutorial on that. I’m a little confused. Where did you get the expire date under the options? Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.