App is crashing

The app crashes in TestFlight but works in Preview.

Until now, the app was working fine, but it started crashing just by changing the page transaction from push to none.

I’ve contacted them via a support ticket, but haven’t gotten a proper answer yet.

Are you having the same problem?

1 Like

I’m actually having this problem with a Jam Room. I thought it was the Jam Room component, but maybe it’s Adalo being the new Adalo.

1 Like

I’m really hoping for a statement by Adalo if they actually care about their paying users and if they will keep fixing what they made available in the problem/frustration-generating state it is in for some people right now.

We’re facing lots of unexpected errors and strange things like Lottiefiles not loading/playing properly on devices (preview looks fine), gradient rectangles not working even with a “premium” plugin, app layout broken on devices, etc.

@AdaloTeam I know it’s incredibly hard to make a tool like Adalo in a way that every user is happy. What people built already without any coding knowledge is simply wonderful. Just there seem to be a lot of people out there trying to make their vision reality and are facing problems like mentioned above, spending time and energy and money, spending even more when they need to switch software or fix bugs, etc. So please at least communicate decently (content and time-wise) so we know what’s going on, and can plan our projects properly. Thank you!

1 Like

Hey All!

Just wanted to jump in here and address the concerns you had.

Any tickets submitted are looked at by our team and will be responded to as quickly as possible. @RYUS I have replied to your ticket so we can continue the conversation there.

The Jam Room Component was created by a 3rd party developer and as stated in the Marketplace listing, it is currently in Beta and is not supported on Native builds. If you need additional assistance, it is recommended you reach out to the developer to resolve any unexpected behavior.

As with all Marketplace components, our team is unable to troubleshoot and resolve bugs so the Developer should be the first point of contact. Currently, we are unaware of any issues with Lottie Files not rendering properly but we have seen Makers attempt to use files not fully supported on all devices which should be verified when using any Lottie File or there may be odd behaviors. If there is something else happening, please feel free to submit a ticket and one of us will take a look as soon as possible.

We appreciate the feedback, and I assure you we are doing our best to give our makers the best experience possible when using Adalo.

Thanks for your patience!

-J

Thank you very much. I got a reply from Adalo support. The issue was the QR code scanner/generator. After removing them I was able to build. It’s a pity that my app degraded. I am hoping for a bug fix as soon as possible.

What are you going to do if your app requires the QR code scanner/generator?

Hi Emeka.

Now unfortunately I have removed the QR code scanner/generato from my App. I would like a bug fix as soon as possible.

I am facing the same issue. I submitted a ticket to adalo and got this reposnse from Jessi.

I have received communication from our team that a release was made to the platform that should address this issue and resolve it for you. Please push a new build and test again.

If you still experience the same issue again, please let me know asap so I may escalate that to the team immediately.

Hey All!

The team is working on resolving this, I jumped into responding as soon as I heard it was resolved but there are some apps still experiencing the behavior.

The team is working on a fix and I will be replying to all tickets as soon as I can confirm it is resolved.

Thanks for your patience!

-J

1 Like

Hey @here,

I just confirmed that the issue with the QR Scanner was resolved on both iOS and Android.

Please push a new build and let us know if there are any additional issues!

-J

1 Like

I got the same email. Thank you!

1 Like

My app builds were working, and now they seem to be crashing upon opening again. Is this issue being experienced more widely? I wanted to submit for app store publishing today.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.