App running incredibly slooooww

Not sure anyone can realistically advise what you should do, given that your app’s needs and resource requirements may be totally different than J Doe over here.

I know for me personally, I spent about 13 months, from concept to legal to build and launch, working on my app that has effectively stalled in the water due to its complexity versus what Adalo seems to be able to handle; as pissed as I am that this has happened, I have decided not to eject from Adalo yet, and see if they come up with a reasonable plan to address these issues going forward.

By industry standards, I would say Adalo is still a young company, and given that, they seem to have a great product theory in motion, but perhaps started running before they could adequately walk. However, it’s probably an awful idea for them to reverse course at this point, less they risk losing a huge portion of their customer-base and bye bye Adalo to the wind. So, they’ll need to come forward with a solid game plan for customers to feel comfortable with Adalo’s future (and with that game plan, present tangible facts that prove the game plan is attainable and not just word vomit to make us stay).

I guess if I were to offer any advice from my own perspective: determine when you need to deploy your app. If this is something that needs to happen within the next three months, and you intend to deploy at full capacity - meaning with the intent to advertise your app to gain users, or sell it to waiting customers - then you may be flipping a coin on whether your app will perform at the level you expect it to, and risk your reputation on a “fingers crossed” approach.

But if you’re not in a hurry to get it publicly deployed, or at the least, not in a manner that gets it a lot of coverage, then sticking with Adalo may not be such a bad idea - this is where I’m at. Though my dead-in-the-water app was intended to go soft-live this month with public advertising next month, I’m not overly destroyed by the current outcome because I have other projects in the pipeline that need some attention; so I can table my current live/dead project until if/when I see improvements with Adalo.

And while I wait, I can use Adalo to conceptualize and test other apps, and learn Flutterflow on the side.

1 Like

Storage-wise, I would agree. But there’s definitely more expensive products out there trying to achieve the same concept as Adalo. Flutterflow’s monthly paid pro is $20 more than Adalo’s lesser plan, and FF doesn’t offer service-side storage (that I’ve found, anyway), so you have to use external services for such, thus raising cost further.

But Adalo only giving 5GB storage (plus the designer) for $50/month is, to be frank, absolutely absurd. Charge me like $30-40 to use the designer since that’s the core of Adalo’s product, and then get that up to $50 or even $60 and give me a 100-200GB of storage minimum.

Storage-centric services (such as Wasabi) offers 1TB storage for $6/month…. That’s $0.0059/GB… how can they charge less than a penny for a gig, while Adalo charges $10/gb? I’m not sure if it’s that Adalo is getting totally screwed by whoever they get their storage capacity from, or if Adalo is just marking up storage cost to its customers in percent by the thousands.

I would rather be restricted on the number of apps I can develop and/or deploy and get a whole lot more storage capacity, than be able to design/deploy 1k apps but each only be able to use 5MB of storage.

So, aside from Adalo’s performance issues, I’d say our allotted storage capacity is one of the greater issues that needs to be addressed.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.