Clone a list item and all related sublist items

Hi,
Could you share the best way to clone a list item including all of its related sub items.

As an example, let’s say that we have a list of “Tasks” with a relation to a “SubTasks” list
I would like to implement a “Clone” button in the Tasks list to permit to duplicate the curent Task by creating a new Task with “_Copy” added to the curent task name with all of the subtasks associated to this current Task.

Should I use the Count down tricks as for mass delete ? If yes how and I which order ?

Thanks
Sam

Hi @Samleroy,

Enjoy: https://youtu.be/PcXXupESZCA

UPD: the sub-tasks are also copied :slight_smile:

Best regards, Victor.

Thanks a lot Victor ! A perfect and pragmatic example of the quality of the help provided in this Adalo community. In the same day you answered to my question by created a video to well explain the solution, which is completed your excellent Youtube channel that I really advice to subscribe !
I watched the trick about the Mass Delete with Countdown but I was not able to find out the brillant idea to store the current item in a Text Input before creating the new one and to use it to filter the subitem list to copy… It works very well.
Thanks again for your reactivity

1 Like

Hi @Samleroy,

My pleasure, thanks for your kind words!

Best,
Victor

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.