Condition to make visible or not a Button only work on numbers

If I want to make a button not always visible, depending on the logical value of a boolean property of the record of the collection i’m working, it is impossible, because i can only compare properties that are numerical… ??

I want to filter on the “terminado” property of the collection “Asistencia”

but can only use numerical properties “horas registro”, or “entrada”, or “minutos registro”

The Boolean option will be available in a list of Asistencia or on the detail screen for one Asistencia.

Outside of this you can use the aggregates, as you have found.

You could count all Asistencia where Terminado is true, and show or hide based on that value (more than, less than, equals)

1 Like

Thank you very much Rozza !!
On this screen I’m showing a list of asistencia, that is why I don’t understand that I can’t check on the Treminado value…

Another question, as you may see i’m new on Adalo and this is the first testing, so I apprteciate very much your help !!. When I press that button ENTRADA, the app is creating a new record in the Asistencia collection, updating the date and time in the FECHA HORA ENTRADA field, as I expected. But when the user press the SALIDA button, I edit the filed FECHA HORA SALIDA field with date and time, and tray to edit another field, but nothing happens, for example try to edit the TERMINADO field with TRUE value ,or calculate the hours & minutes in the fileds HORAS REGISTRO & MINUTOS REGISTRO respectively, but can’t find even how to edit something because nothing is edited in the fields.

As an examle I put USER ID in the field HORAS REGISTRO, and SQRT(49) in the field MINUTOS REGISTRO, but nothing is updated only the FECHA HORA SALIDA with current time

OK. Hard to say for sure without access to your app.

I think you have copied your 1st button to create the ‘Salida’ button
Which has meant you are able to add the ‘Update’ Asistencium, but it won’t work, because it doesn’t know which Asistencium.

You could make the Salida button a list, with max 1 record, sorted date newest to oldest.
This is useless if you have multiple users adding records simultaneously.

You need this: list and detail screen…

OR

Put the button in the list

Hope this helps, between interpreting your app from Spanish to English I may have missed something.

1 Like

Wow, again thank you very much !!. I’ll start again with english names. But yes the SALIDA button is a list of asistencium. One of the main problems is that I don’t understand how do I update a record of my collection. This app is intended to be used by internal customers(emplyees) for calculating the daily hours that they work, this should be: the start date&time → Entrada; and end date&time → SALIDA.

Is there a way that I can share the back end of my app ?, This is the link to the front Asistencia

user pablo@blokart.cl
passw 12345

I tried it and it seems to work well.
I don’t know which collection you want to update?

From the Salida (list) button you should be able to update Current Salida, Logged in user and any other “Available data” on your screen. I know you are successfully updating the Current Salida because the timestamp shows in the list below after the click action.

What other collections and relationships do you have?

Hello Rozza, thanks U very much for your time. I see you have been updating the database, it is working as I expected that is only showing the ENTRADA button when the last record is already updated with time of start and end, and is showing the SALIDA button when the last record has only a start time not nil. But there is a couple of things I can’t understand:

1. How can I save other thing (beside the actual dat&time) in the actual record when the SALIDA button is pressed. As you can see below, I have updated other fields with just examples, but this fields are not updated. Field Horas Registro with user id; Minutos registro with SQRT(49); etc…

2. Is there a way to have more character or math or date functions so I for example can calculate the hours and minutes between the start and stop date&time saved into this file ?

As this is just an example to start learning on the use of Adalo the only 2 collections I have is user and Asistencia(capture below)

Best Regards Pablo Jaramillo

1. Ok…I can’t recall for certain but I think you might be facing an adalo bug.

Instead of Update Action on the List put it on the actual button.

Can you try that.

1. Custom formula allow you to do calculations and if it’s a number field I think you have the basics available like field a + field b

Like you already have with your sq root.

Again Rozza, you have been very very helpful. I’m thinking on moving to Bubble, because it seems to be more powerful on data types and posibilities.

Best regards
Pablo Jaramillo

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.