Creating action to send sms per conditions using special links

I am trying to create an action where an sms notification will go to the user that is associated with the license plate number that is the user input. I have already created the list with filter that will provide the user per license plate. I now need to create the sms action that will allow that user to be notified. I am trying to use external link and it allows me to choose users phone number but, where I am getting stuck is when I choose users>phone I am getting another option list and I am not sure of what to choose when to complete this part of the action. Please see screenshot. below

Hi @shonesto,

You need to select Current User > Phone Number and not All Users > Phone Number. And add this action inside the list. ( Add this action to the button that is inside the list and not to the list. )

Thank you

That will probably work except that I don’t want to sent the sms to the current user I want to send it from the db of all users.

Oh then the Trigger Notification action will help here!

This is great except that the recipient needs to be logged in. I need this message to go directly as an sms even if they are not logged in. Does a solution exist for this.

I’m sorry. Not aware of a solution. I think you need a custom action that uses twillio or other 3rd party. Tagging Victor ( @Victor ) and Flawless ( @Flawless ) because I have seen some posts by them ( unable to find them now :upside_down_face: ) for send notifications to multiple users. Maybe they can assist here?

Yes, I found some help articles about using twillow with Zappier. I actually now have a Twillo account and I have funded so I could use the paid version. However, I can’t seem to find help docs that help achieve my goal when creating my app. @Flawless had been a tremendous help so far. Hopefully he has a solution for me needs. Thanks for the quick response. Have a great day

You can use Abracadalo to send SMS messages with Twilio with a “Custom Action” (not external link).

Here’s a tutorial:

2 Likes

Thanks, I checked out the video. It states that notifications can only be sent to logged in users… I want users that have signed up to be able to get notification via sms without have to be logged in. Can this be done? Thanks again

I’m not sure where you see or hear that it states can only be sent to the logged-in user.

You can definitely send an SMS to anyone, regardless if they are logged in or not.

It was in the video. I am going to give it a try any way. The meassag needs to go to user that associated with uaser inpout. The message should contain text selected from dropdown of alerts. At tha family bbq today. I will give it shot tomorrow. Thanks

I don’t have time to watch the video but I don’t believe you heard correctly my friend.

Enjoy the BBQ. Let me know how the testing goes tomorrow.

YEs this can be done for sure, but at least you need to have the user “the not logged in user” phone number. Do you have this process in your app?

Then you can use a very simple component twilio sender to send any type of sms

1 Like

Hello @shonesto,

With our Notification API, the only thing that you would need is a valid phone number. You can send SMS even if the user is not logged in. You can even send SMS recurrently.

In order to do that you will need a Twilio account and an Abracadalo account.

You can find here the Handbook: Notification API | Abracadalo API Handbook

Feel free to contact us for any question!

2 Likes

Yes the process is done in the app via list and filter compared to user input Thanks

1 Like

Yes I am giving this a try per @flawless instructions. Thanks

1 Like

Do not hesitate to contact us if you need any more help

You guys are awesome. Thanks

1 Like