CSV Import Help

I can only get the CSV import to import new items into the collection. I want the import to update the data in my collection. Any way that a CSV can overwrite what is in the collection?

1 Like

This feature is not available at this time. CSV’s only add new records.

There’s a way to do this but it is not readily available in Adalo.

You will need Zapier. Zapier is widely used here in Adalo to automate some processes.
Are you just updating part of rows or entirely replacing the collection?
Either way Zapier is the way to go. @cmitton

Hi,

I am trying to do this but am breaking my head on a wall, maybe you can help me!

I simply want to have a collection that syncs 2 ways with either airtable or google sheets. The collection has relational data but that can stay in adalo.

How would I do this, zapier + airtable doesn’t seem to have update function, and google sheets update function appears to be broken!

Thanks

AHHH, I thought I was going crazy. The is rather disappointing. We should be able to export the collection, update, and then re-import the exact same file.

1 Like

Hi Torch,

I am trying to do this but am breaking my head on a wall, maybe you can help me!

I simply want to have a collection that syncs 2 ways with either airtable or google sheets. The collection has relational data but that aspect can stay in adalo.

How would I do this, zapier + airtable doesn’t seem to have update function, and google sheets update function appears to be broken!

Thanks

I have been away. I will do a video tutorial how to do this when im back from my trip.
My Question:
How many data is existing in acollection and how many you want to import?
Is it updating existing rows or totally deleting all rows?

How you manage to import new items, for me doesn’t work.

I created my collections and then export the csv file and fill that up with my date. When I import it nothing happens.

Regards

Can you provide a screenshot of the csv data you are trying to import and another screenshot of the collection you are importing to.

Hello Colin

Here is a couple fo screenshots
I am not sure what is wrong there!

Regards

!
!
!
!

Please make sure that for any relational property in that Products collection, that you have matching records existing in the primary field of the related collection.

So for example, if Merchants is a relational property to a merchants collection that there are records in that collection and they match with what you are uploading. Same for any other relationship set up.

Hello Colin,

I don’t have any data on that Merchants Collection the only relational property I have data is the Main Categories. Do you think is better to delete the empty columns on the CSV file?

Regards

You can either delete the empty columns or you can choose in the import option just not to include them by not matching them to a column from the csv.

Hello

I got the some problem!

Can you DM me a link to the CSV please.

Hi everyone,
I have a similar issue with the csv import. Somehow adalo does not recognize the columns within my data correctly. Am I doing something wrong? I already tried using “;” instead of “,” but didn’t work either. Thank you very much in advance!

If you have Google Sheets, try creating it in there and downloading the spreadsheet as a csv then importing it. I’m not sure what the difference is in Excel and Google Sheets, but I’ve never had any problems when doing it through GS.

2 Likes

Hi Colin,
thank you very much! It worked perfectly with google sheets.

i have similar problems in the output… why is it like this?

Can you give some details please. I have no idea what I’m looking at without any context.