Dates to show using dd/mm/yyyy format?

Hey everyone!

I’m just wondering if there is a way to show the date in the dd/mm/yyyy format rather than the mm/dd/yyyy that seems to be the default. Someone posted before suggesting that it’s based on the user and in Europe it shows as the dd/mm format but I am in Europe and it doesn’t - my app has been published and it shows the default format both in the prototype builder and published app.

Wiktor

@wiktorkaro that may have been me you were referring to. I am in Europe also and it definitely shows dd/mm/yyyy both in the Adalo preview and on the webapp installed on Both Android and iOS phones. I guess it must be a setting somewhere in your environment.

Are you calculating a date? Or perhaps taking it from another source? What shows when you just show a text box with magic text “today”?

Hey, thanks for the reply! I have no idea why it was doing that, but all working now. Checked on my phone also displayed the European format so no idea why on my laptop it was reverting to the American date format but all good now!

1 Like

For any others who experience this - my personal experience is Chrome was the culprit.
Reason below.

Unlike other browsers (e.g. Safari, Edge) it seems Chrome does not pick up on your machine’s localisation settings. Also Chrome installs on U.S. English settings by default in English-speaking countries. leading to format display of MM/DD/YYYY (which is not the standard for countries outside the U.S.)

Potential fixes

• You can adjust your own Chrome browser language settings for your own personal view. However, this won’t fix for all of your users (if they’re using Chrome AND haven’t updated their Chrome settings)
  • Alternatively, you could explain in FAQ (i.e. how users can udpate their chrome settings)

Both the above are not ideal. So do welcome any better approaches/workarounds!