Details on the New Pricing Plans

I think that whether the comments about a lawsuit / attorney general being contacted being allowed to stay in this comment thread might be telling. If they disappear, I’ll laugh.

Yes, or that… lol

Which if that were to be true, that’s actually crappier than if they’re just intentionally and willfully screwing everyone, because the latter wouldn’t shock me; companies do it all the time. But to have what could be a booming success under the control of folks who don’t know how to sustain its growth without pissing off its customer base would be a real shame.

Frankly, let’s hope they know exactly what they’re doing. At least that way we can have closure knowing they held secret meetings in the dark devising ways to collapse their customer base into oblivion. I could probably rest easier that way.

1 Like

This is ultimately why companies communicate.
Because being left to guess in silence is always going to go to the most pessimistic route.

Especially when people’s livelihood are on the line.

1 Like

I’m not even upset at this point. I’m waiting for clear confirmation and I have a plan in place whichever way Adalo goes.

1 Like

Valid point. And I think those are questions that should be answered. Though Adalo is not beholden to answer questions about their income (to us, anyway…in a court, different matter), I think it would be the appropriate thing to do.

And to be honest, if Adalo’s financial situation is, in fact, in peril, I think we as customers deserve to know that regardless of what pricing plan they come up with. I like their product and certainly want to see it succeed, but if this ship is sinking, and the only way they see to recover is to charge more/provide less, well…. That sounds like a bad business move for myself. I’m riding a canoe in the Atlantic, I can’t help tow their cargo ship while I’m trying to stay afloat myself.

1 Like

Same.

:raised_hands:

Tiger has put in money
Some customers have put in money
Adalo has only taken money, given average support, & provided a product still in development

Adalo should FINISH their “great” product
Then, figure out how to charge.

I have fears that their b-model will just keep changing as their product iterates. with no / late communication, which only throws users under the bus with their clients

Ethics and Morals in the form of communication doesn’t cost money & takes little time

Please, Adalo, for Town Hall, skip the ego stroking, and telling us how hard you’ve been working, and all your big future plans.
We already know. Respect our time, and get to the point.

2 Likes

Unlimited app actions is the best option, but I could accept buying extra create record actions while upload and delete records remain unlimited.

Ha! You should see my thread where they said connecting to my user database is not a priority.

1 Like

@David
I was just flagged for suggesting, not to file a lawsuit.
Sorry, Adalo, I quit. I will not be returning. Game over.
Please delete my account, so that you may free up space for others.

Free speech is Paramount to building great things.

The people in this community are quality & have been a great help. I appreciate it.
My customers deserve more than what Adalo can offer.

take care,
Toddy

3 Likes

I had my entire list of questions deleted as ‘off topic’.
It’s okay.

See you all on reddit lol

2 Likes

This for Latin America makes it effectively impossible. I already had several clients using applications built on Adalo and the truth is I don’t know what I am going to do, because I will lose a lot of money in 1 year with these new plans.

I suggest the following;
1- Increase the number of published applications considerably for each paid plan
2- Increase the amount of shares.
3- Or make an EXCLUSIVE plan for agencies that sell Adalo applications.

Example

• 100us 10/15 applications.
  • 200 us 20/30 applications.

I hope that Adalo reconsiders and does not leave out the creators of Apps for third parties and LATIN AMERICA, since it is a GREAT NO-CODE PLATFORM.

2 Likes

I thought I was finished writing on this thread until we heard from Adalo. But then I read something on Adalo’s website…actually, I read a lot of stuff, which if you haven’t read it or if the folks at Adalo have forgotten what was written there, I’d encourage everyone to go check out their “about us” section.

Anyway, what really stood out to me was the whole segment on “purpose over mission,” to which I quote,

“With this added perspective in mind, when you hear our purpose — to empower makers to bring their ideas to life — hopefully you’ll start to see us as more than just a no-code tech platform. We have big aspirations of helping makers at every stage of their journey bring their ideas to life. Speaking of which…

The skill of coding prevents billions of people from bringing their ideas to life. (In fact only 0.3% of people can code today.) We believe this needs to change. We believe anyone should be able to create an app regardless of their technical expertise. Because a world where only 1% of people can solve problems is a world missing 99% of its potential.

For me, it’s important to note that last little bit in particular - “ We believe this needs to change. We believe anyone should be able to create an app regardless of their technical expertise. Because a world where only 1% of people can solve problems is a world missing 99% of its potential.

Regardless of skill or no skill, when a pricing structure becomes so much that it’s unattainable by what would be the “no coder” base, or the 99%, it places attainability straight into the hands of the 1%.

That 1% doesn’t need no-code, because they can either afford to outsource their project or they envelop the 0.3% of people who are expert coders. The people who are drawn to no-code are also the same people whose pockets don’t run deep enough to qualify for the 1% crowd.

No-code app development should be both technically and financially accessible, as the two go hand in hand more often than not.

So, Adalo, in case you’ve forgotten your own principles, reread what you had presented on your website. There are a lot of statements there to shape an image that Adalo’s intent is to mend the gap between the 1% and the 99%, to provide a service that is affordable and scalable, even to the smallest of no-code app devs.

Any pricing plan that deviates from these principles violates your very own commitment outlined in your about us section.

I’ll close up with this, your first, second and fifth principles:

(1) “We are committed to doing what’s right
for our makers. We value their ideas, their
feedback, their experiences, and their
work. We believe every person should
have the opportunity to make powerful
apps, no matter their technical expertise
& in our community we will do what we
can to provide a platform that turns ideas
into reality.”

(2) “We trust each other & believe each of us is doing the best we can to fulfill Adalo’s purpose of empowering makers. Because of that trust, we are transparent & honest about our company. We give honest feedback to our co-workers & colleagues. We are candid, but not harsh. We know what is expected of us & we follow through on our words with actions.”

(5) “We default to action & recognize that it is better to do something than it is to wait or do nothing. Because we own our work, we are responsible for the outcome & its impact. We don’t dwell on problems for too long, and instead work towards solutions — always.”

1 Like

Wow…is this real?? This feels like a “jumping the shark” moment for Adalo. I can’t see anything good for Adalo if this goes into effect.

The entire pricing model feels like Adalo overthought everything, and now pushing users into a way too many tiers micromanaging system with zero upside for the user. All while Adalo makes more $$ themselves while the user is trapped into this pricing model. This entire thing is overkill and confusing.

The app actions count alone is embarrassing & pathetically too small on all plans.

The only upside to all this is, the 12mo extension on current plans before this goes into effect so I can build my app custom and get off Adalo.

Can’t be that hard. Just keep things simple, short, and easy. Do not micromanage.

Stop overthinking things.

4 Likes

Hi,
Being a developer and user for other low/no code apps, the limitation of Actions and Collections API will be a killer for Adalo.

If I use XANO for example instead of the collections API, I get a better price with the Professional plan, gives me a total of around 115$/Month. And on top the Collections API is still very limited, you need to add ID exposure by default and enable filtering via the API.

And then the Actions limitations, In most mobile app developers, I haven’t seen this exception with microservices providers such as Zapier/Integromat which in this case would make sense to now allow abuse or account sharing.

I would say these plans are for Adalo V3, when you are moved already to Amazon and show signs of speed and performance. But as is now what I consider V1, these plans will just create an exodus to competitors.

My 2 cent opinion:

• Don’t limit the collections API, but limit the performance, as same as XANO, premium plans, get a no rate limit, this way you prevent small plans to abuse the API, if they need a heavy API usage, they upgrade, means also app is getting traffic and Adalo does not get their requests overloaded.

• Remove the action limit for Team and Business plan and be more generous in the Professional - I believe the money paid here vs the published, gives you a very good ROI.

• Add publishing apps as an addon besides what is currently offered - Maybe I just need the starter plan or Professional in the beginning, but I am always open to add 1 or 2 more apps where I will not break the limits or upgrade to a plan where I don’t necessarily need the increase of the other features.

• Increase the number of actions per month (I think this is really important since I think you adopted this model from Zapier and Integromat), I would be more generous and additional actions per month would have an incremental cost per XXX actions (This would load balance it).

• Reduce the number of custom actions in Free or starter - Instead of allowing 4, Maybe max 2 per request/button.

4 Likes

And 50 dollars or 60 dollars for 5 applications

1 Like

This is too bad for me, I’m going to go from paying 50 USD to paying 200 USD a month… this is a 300% increase. Are you serious?

I think that together with the price, you should think a lot about customer support because many times these affect the business that is live and the resolution periods are long or indeterminate.

Now I have an issue with the Stripe component, it directly affects my collection management from my clients and the support response is
“…That being said, I will get this escalated but I do not have a timeline on when it will be looked at by the team. There are some larger projects being worked on at the moment but I will update you as soon as I hear more.”

I love Adalo but I’m afraid that with these prices and the customer support in projects that are live, I’ll have to consider migrating to another platform.

when can we get an answer from Adalo on whether to continue or abandon ship?

1 Like

If I were a brand new subscriber, I actually don’t think I would have a problem with the pricing structure based on first impressions and realizing how powerful the platform could be…

But, as a new subscriber, I would be blissfully ignorant of all of the fundamental bugs, core functionality problems, crippling performance problems, etc that makes the new pricing structure absolutely laughable.

As well as the ongoing lack of emphasis on making sure the core product is functional…

I love how in all of their community updates, the management crows about all of the amazing functionality they’re adding, and big changes that going to happen improving this and that and the other thing, then at the end they add “of course, as always we will be making sure to improve performance and core functionality”… like, ffs…

The headline of every community update should be “we are dedicating 100% of our development resources to shoring up the core functionality of our platform and ensuring that any app built on the platform will perform as intended. Speed, stability, and core functionality are our priorities!”

But NOPE.

That’s why I think you are right. They may be able to keep getting people to come on board even at the new pricing structure, but the churn is going to be out of control. When I signed up, I was more than happy to sign up as a lifetime subscriber at any price, fully dedicated to the platform and ecosystem, hitching my company’s wagon squarely on to the Adalo tractor. Now, I am simply limping along my completed business management app until we can finish developing it on a different platform, then I’m gone.

It is an incredible shame that Adalo continues to make these fundamental errors. I just don’t see why they’re not dedicating 100% of their effort to making sure the very base of their product is stable and functional. So many long time users are screaming this from this forum, yet it seems to fall on deaf ears… like, they think we just don’t know what’s good for us, or that we’re just a bunch of complaining complainers, and they know whats best. But how can they keep building on such an unsteady foundation? Like you said, it is likely to topple, and hopefully I’m out from under it before I get caught in the rubble…

2 Likes