Drip Course Content

Hi, is there a simple way to set up content to be drip feed to a user? I’m wanting to deliver a new training video of a course every 7 days after that users joining date. Thanks!

Hi @MarkLanz ,
Would you be presenting the videos in a list format or individually using the component “Youtube”?

Hi @JL_LJ , I was thinking of a list format, but I’m open to whatever is the easiest solution. Thanks.

I would suggest using date/time visibility conditions to display the information.

When a user signs up, log the creation date & time. Then add all of your videos with visibility conditions. For each video, adjust the visibility condition to display the video after ‘x’ number of weeks after user creation date.

If this doesn’t allow you enough control given the limitations of the current Adalo date/time functions, you could also modify the aforementioned approach to utilize a date/time variable that you can update each week.

2 Likes

Thanks, @corywynn, that worked but yes, I seem to be able to only choose from the options which jump in increments of 1 week, 2 weeks, 30 days, 60 days etc so I don’t seem to be able to set a video to show for 3, 5, 6 & 7 weeks after.

Is it possible to add a custom time delay via the set up in the image?

If not, I’m guessing the date/time variable option you mention is the route to go, would you mind explaining that further please, I’m not sure how to set that up?
Once set up, are you saying that I would need to do a manual update each week for each client?

Thanks for your help.

viddelay

Hi @MarkLanz,

That’s the correct approach – and yes there are limitations to the dates you can choose at the moment. Unfortunately, I’m not aware of a way to set a custom time delay directly in the visibility condition, but you can set the time-condition (where it currently says ‘1 week ago’) to instead reference a variable in your Adalo database that you can set-up with the correct dates on the back-end.

1. Add a new date/time property to your User database for each video to be displayed:
    – Video 1 Release Date
    – Video 2 Release Date
    – Video 3 Release Date

2. When a user signs up, set the new properties you created:
    – Video 1 Release Date = Current Time + 7
    – Video 2 Release Date = Current Time + 14
    – Video 3 Release Date = Current Time + 21
    As you can tell, the Current Time function is noted in days, so we are simply adding 7 per week.
    If you want to read more on working with times and what it all means, this is a forum post that I found to be quite helpful: Help : StarTIME +60 = funny Endtime 🤔 - #3 by karimoo

3. Set the visibility of the referenced Plyr Video components to only be visible if the Video Release Date is before the current time. Then, as the videos become available, the user will see them.

I haven’t gone through and tested it yet, but I believe this should be it to work. With this approach, you shouldn’t need to update anything each week either, since you’ll be setting it all up-front.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi,

I made a video on how this could be done using lists, I’m not sure if it’s the exact solution for you, but hopefully, it is helpful.

2 Likes

Great solution @theadaloguy!

2 Likes

@corywynn & @theadaloguy thank you both so much for taking the time to put these solutions together, I really appreciate it. I’ll have a go at setting them up tomorrow and report back!

1 Like

Hi @theadaloguy, I got the drip content working as you showed in your video, thank you! However, I’ve been unable to get the complete button to work so it removes watched videos.

I’ve set it up as per your video and the entries of watched videos are being entered in the records ‘WatchedBy’ in both the user and video collections but all videos are still displayed?

All I can think of is that I have the relationship for both records set up incorrectly. Which relationship option in the image have you used for both records, 1, 2 or 3?

Thanks again for your help!

You need many to many relationship (3)

@theadaloguy - yes, that’s what I thought. Still not working for me. Don’t worry, I’ll figure it out!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.