Dropdown with userlist?

Hello, how can I make a dropdown list that’s filled with all current registered users on my app? Is that possible? And make them clickable so the profile of the selected user is opened? And how to make a compare Password form?

Hi, yes this is possible, albeit a little tricky.

Firstly, what are you referrring to when you ask for help with a compare password form? Do you mean a confirm password field? Let me know and I will reply separately on this subject.

For the dropdown issue, please read below.

First add your dropdown component and then add the settings as seen below (you can add more filters if you like but I just did this for testing purposes)…

Next, because there is no action associated with a simple dropdown list, you would need to create a separate custom list of users, get rid of the rectangle and text from the list and add a button in its place…

Reduce the list to one row…

Now you need to setup the list that contains the button to only show a list of emails that is equal to the selected email from the dropdown input, like this…

What this is doing, is only showing the button for the user you have selected from the dropdown. This then allows you to send the details of the user from the dropdown/list to another page.

Now you can setup another screen which will show the details of the user that you select from the dropdown…

Now go back to the screen with your dropdown and now you have the new page created, you can send data to that screen. To do this, click the button and add the following action…

As you can see, this is sending the details of the current user. When it says current user, it means the user that is inside the list which is the user you selected from the dropdown.

Now you have the link setup and you know it is going to send the user details to that screen, you can now set the screen up to use the magic text from the user collection. As an example I have added the user email…

That’s all there is to it :slight_smile:

Hope this works for you. If it does work then please mark my comment as the solution so other people know it is solved.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Cheers

2 Likes

Awesome work around! Thank you very much,

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.