Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end

Coming soon. :smiley:

3 Likes

Sounds cool, can’t wait

3 Likes

Hi, what do you mean by signature app? Like a canvas that people put their signatures on ? That sounds interesting to me, are you able to install it yourself if I publish it to githun? I can bang that out tomorrow for you if you can install it yourself

5 Likes

Have you ever tried coding an app from scratch? Well, I did. And I can tell you one thing — it’s not easy. And I mean it.

Before you start blaming other Adalo employees that they don’t get a fix for something, be grateful that a tool like Adalo is here. If it wasn’t, all our dreams would never become a reality. (Unless you want to invest lots of money in databases, servers, developers, etc)

Adalo devs and employees work hard every day to make everyone’s dream app come to life.

7 Likes

Adalo has a signature drop in that has been broken for a while. It doesn’t let you submit your signature. We use it for our waiver for our store.

You can see it’s broken from the link above.

Yea I can install it. Thanks that would be amazing.

2 Likes

@TKOTC The team is working towards releasing our own component to replace the one made by the 3rd party developer that is in the marketplace as they were unable to maintain the component.

5 Likes

100%

3 Likes

We from Latin America are looking forward to the news that Adalo is developing. We believe in Adalo and we hope that all goals are achieved! :brazil:

2 Likes

1 Like

“i needed to clear my head so I built this.” Priceless. :joy:

6 Likes

Oh god :joy:

5 Likes

All the people who wait months for components seeing this: :open_mouth:

4 Likes

Ya this is amazing. How do we install it.

1 Like

In the one that I built, I used techniques that I am not allow to publish. It is outside of component rules to upload images into the image db. I went to go and fix what is broken in the marketplace component. I downloaded the original source and started looking into what would be wrong. I don’t see why this does not work. It seems to work fine for me.

You deleted the original post, can you explain the problem again? Is it that you cannot save the image as an image, but rather base64 encoded images? or is it that you cannot guarantee there is an image and you save blank stuff all the time because people save without actually signing?

3 Likes

Scroll to the bottom of this link.

As you can see from the picture the submit and clear button are missing mostly. It’s pretty hard to click them

1 Like

Oh, I see now. I went using my browser. Got it. I’ll fix that up tomorrow and send you a DM so we don’t spam the thread.

3 Likes

Ha, honestly I’ve been working on cracking fluid dynamics of cannabis (legal in Canada) though electo-megnetic vibration and industrial robotics. Component building in Adalo has become more Sudoku for me. It’s actually therepudic for me which is why I only choose certain components to build and don’t take requests.

I am fluent in building neural networks and have been toying with the idea of crowd sourcing people’s app and seeing which are “fast” and which are “slow” to see if I can build deep learning to figure out a predictor on app speed and root causes. I’d need at least 200 apps to do it. But I haven’t convinced myself that it is a problem I should solve…

6 Likes

Anyone with a tutorial on how to install github components to adalo?

1 Like

@Jeorge Follow these steps:

1. Are you on a Windows computer? Install this:

If you’re on a Mac or Linux, continue reading

1. Open a terminal on your computer and type in the following:
git clone https://github.com/pragmaflowinc/adalo-geolocation

You would replace the text after “git clone” with the URL component you want to clone. In this example, we’re using GitHub - pragmaflowinc/adalo-geolocation

1. Then, you would cd into the folder
cd adalo-geolocation
  1. To make sure you don’t get any errors, open Visual Studio Code, open the adalo-geolocation component foder, then go into package.json and change the component name to whatever you want.

2. Go back to the terminal and enter these commands:

npx adalo login

Login with your adalo email and password. You should see a “Login successful” message

npx adalo publish

Make sure to click on “private”

1. Continue by following these instructions by Adalo:
8 Likes

You need to install git, visual studio code, and node v14 as well.

For certain components

5 Likes