Exercises status (done / not done)

Hello everyone! I want to display 2 lists of exercises to the user — a list with already completed exercises and a list with new exercises. I’ve created a collection with exercises’ statuses, but I can’t understand how should I set up relationship with user and exercise, I’ve tried all options and still can’t find a working solution.

The exercises are grouped into categories and now it looks the following way:
Category 1 →
-Ex 1
-Ex 2
Category 2 →
-Ex 3
-Ex 4

I want it to look like this:

Category 1 →
Done:
-Ex 1
Not done:
-Ex 2
Category 2 →
Done:
-Ex 3
Not done:
-Ex 4

thanks in advance for your help!

Hi @Helenakin :wave:

You can create a true/false property in your exercises collection like done and you can add two lists. Then you can filter one list as Created true/false property is true.( Completed ones) and other list as true/false property is false.(Not completed ones). And you can add a button to the not completed list to update that property to true.

I did like this.

Hope it helps!

Thank you

1 Like

hi @dilon_perera thanks for your answer! I’m not sure that I can use your solution cause I have a list of categories and exercises that are similar for all users, so true/false conditions will be applied for all users in this case

1 Like

Your welcome :+1:

Then how about doing like this.( the idea that came to my mind now)

You can create a relationship property (Many to Many) between the Exercise collection and the Users collection.( I’m naming this property as Completed Users.) And you can filter one list as Completed Users>All>Does not contain>Logged in user.( Not completed exercises). And other list as Completed Users> All>Contains>Logged in user.( Completed Exercises). And you can add a update action to the button to add the logged in user to the Completed Users property of the current exercise.

Here’s how I did.

Hope it helps!

Thank you

1 Like

@dilon_perera heyy you’re amazing!! thanks a lot for your help! everything works!
I don’t know why this decision slipped away from me :grin: thanks again!

1 Like

Cool !

Your welcome

can you also help me with category status please? I want the category status to be changed to “done” when the user completes all exercises (2) from this category. thanks!

Sorry for the late reply.

I’m not sure how to do like after finish all exercises of that category show as Done. Sorry! :slightly_smiling_face:

But you can add a button and do the same as Exercises and you can add two texts and group it and you can add visibility conditions as Exercise one for both texts.

If someone knows how to do this he/she will reply it here.

Thank you

thanks a lot! I’ll try to do this

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.