Extra space under bottom tab bar

Has anyone got any feedback from Adalo people on this? it is very important to me.

Not that I’ve seen, just did a TestFlight build with the issue, I’ve left it until now. Wonder if Grouping the tab bar component and applying a fix to bottom would work? Too lazy to build for 15mins again right now tho :slight_smile:

Nope. Nothing helps. I had to switch to Left Nav component!!

I might try this White bar at the bottom on the screen - #53 by stcrea

This issue has been going on for well over a year. :frowning:

As I found it, extra space depends on specific phone models, and therefore on some models everything is ok, and on some - extra …

I’ve been doing some research on this, with iPhone 11 pro for example, it’s definitely there even with Apple’s own apps, Instagram and so on, so this is not Adalo’s fault per say.

@scientist I ran into a similar issue with a custom tab bar a month or two ago. Can’t remember exactly how I fixed it but I remember that the component had to be perfectly aligned with the bottom of the screen and that it‘s vertical size had to be below a particular threshold.

I also use the Tab Component in some parts of the app and it seems okay for now.

1 Like

@thebiglemonski

Thanks for sharing this. I’ll give it a try. Though, I have switched to Left Nav for my current app, at the moment. But will still check your suggestion for future use.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.