Filter without duplicates - External Collection

Hi guys!

How are you? Hope all of you find well.
First of all, sorry for my english (I´m a Spanish speaker).

I´m using Sheetdb for an external collection. One of the columns (Cities) are using like a filter.
The thing is each city appears for each event so here is the problem. The cities are duplicates:

There are any way to exclude duplicates but when select the city in the filter appears all the events of the city selected?

Thanks in advance!
Best,

You could have a cities collection, which does not have duplicates, like a list of ‘city options’. This could be inside Adalo. Just a collection with one property ‘city name’. Then manually populate this list yourself without duplicates.

Then, assuming you’re trying to filter a list, have city name = dropdown city name. As long as the text matches of course.

Thanks a lot @theadaloguy!

You mean: If the city name are the same in the Adalo collection and in the External collection the results of the list will match?

Thanks again.
Best,

1 Like

Yeah exactly, just matching the text from your options list to a field in your main database

1 Like

Understood.
Lets try!

Thanks a lot @theadaloguy!
Best,

Hi @theadaloguy!

Hope you find well.

Sorry for my late reply.
I have solved the problem creating an other external collection only with the “city name”. Without duplicates.

When I select the “city name” in the dropdown all the events matching appears.
Thanks for your help and ideas!

Best,

1 Like