Filtering many to many relationships between two lists

Quick question… I have a sounds collection with a many to many relationship with sounds categories. So a sound category can have multiple sounds and a sound can be listed under multiple sound categories. I’m trying to filter my sounds list using a horizontal scrolling sounds list that changes an input value. The problem I’m running into is… If I have a one to many (many sounds go to one sound category) then I can filter using the sound category name, which triggers the input to change value when you hit the horizontal list… however, with a many to many, the only thing that seems to effectively filter the sounds is a dropdown menu. When I have the dropdown menu at the top of the screen, it then populates the options at the bottom, which throws the flow off. What’s the best way to filter a list using a many to many, using a horizontal scrolling list?

Hi @mrentrekin,

Correct? : Sounds and Sound Catergories.mp4 on Vimeo

Thank you

1 Like

DP for the win! Thanks, man! Don’t know why I didn’t think to update the user and then list by them. I’m not wondering, if I want to update the Logged in User to “all” every time, any recommendation on how I might?

Your welcome!

Correct? : Sounds show all or not.mp4 on Vimeo

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.