Function that users can send a request to be connected to other users and accept or decline it each other

I am trying to make a chat App by Adalo. Does Adalo have a sample of the function that users can send a request to be connected to other users and accept or decline it each other before starting a chat as you can see in normal messaging App like WhatsApp?

I think this could be a good guide to creating a friend request. Perhaps some of the same rules could apply?

1 Like

Yes it works similarly, but with a few differences. I’m planning on doing a tutorial for the Friend Request method as well.

3 Likes

@Arun
@pford

Thank you for your prompt reply. We would appreciate if you show us a tutorial for the Friend Request method.

In addition, we would appreciate if you give us advice on the below question now.

We cannot select “Current User” in the “Form”. For example, we want to create the following record, but cannot select “Current User”. Could you please introduce us any documents which illustrates how to select the information of “Current User”.

*Create Record

• Name : Logged in User > Full Name / Current User > Full Name
  • User:Logged in User
  • Requested User: Current User
  • Members:Logged in User , Current User

The option for Current User is only available when the data for that user is passed to a subsequent screen. For example, you have a list of users and tapping on one of the users links to a profile screen. The Current User object is now available to use on the profile screen because you linked that data from the list on the previous screen.

@pford
Thank you for your kind reply! We could resolve the problem by your instruction.

1 Like