How to Access Record ID information

The best solution I have found is creating a universal variable via API and having a two part update.
In my case, when a user is created, they pull in the Universal Variable which is named ‘Max ID’ but there is only one variable.

That variable is the current maximum variable (recordID) in the database.
Then that variable is +1 in the form that is being filled out by a new user, their information is sent (user is created) (at the same time, that maxID+1 is told to update the universal variable but it’s still unreliable) and on the next page (to reduce load on one action/page), the entire user database is queried on that self-created RecordID and looks for ‘maximum’ number in that column to update the universal variable to make sure the maxID is actually correct.
That variable that is queried on the second page is then used to update the universal variable.

There is a chance, as people join, that two people get the same variable.
But it’s rare that you would have this happen a lot.

Unfortunately, even setting it up like this and with a slow trickle of users being created, it still fails to set that +1 variable on the user sometimes and sometimes it fails to query the maximum ID in a column. I would say about one every 10 queries gives someone the same number and fails to count +1 on the variable. That comes down to the unreliable API, so unreliable that you can call it twice in two different ways and still it wont work.

I’m watching it like a hawk, I’m having to adjust it multiple times a day.

And I’ve doubled or tripled the actions I have to use because Adalo’s queries are slow and not reliable.