How to auto update a 'date' property after X days?

Hello,

I was wondering if it’s possible to set some rule that automatically updates a ‘date’ property in one collection after X days. X defined as a ‘number’ property in a related collection?

Any advice welcomed.

Thanks,
James

Hi @JimmyStrings,

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately, there is no built-in scheduler in Adalo. So the options you have:

• if your app is used frequently, set the update logic in the app somehow (e.g. on the app launch/run/etc. check if the property needs to be updated → if yes, update it). Downside: too much checks if app is used actively, and also the property will not be updated if the app is not used.

• use Zapier or Integromat to update the property. In Integromat’s case, you’ll need to create some kind of custom scheduler to check if the property needs to be updated. Zapier can do deferred actions AFAIK.

Best regards, Victor.

Thanks @Victor!

I’m not sure I fully understand your first suggestion but your second suggestion to use Zapier/Integromat seems like a pretty simple implementation. I’ll test it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.