How to create account by another app

If I have 2 APPS, One as admin(S) and second as end-user(s), how can Admin create a login account for end-user(s)?

1 Like

Please note, you must use a blank app, you can not share a database if you use a template since templates come with their own preset database

1 Like

thanks Zach,
you saved me a ton as I was starting to use the “login” template… much appreciated

1 Like

it is not allowing me to select share database. I guess because there is no existing databases.
so the question is: which one to start with ADMIN or END-USER?
thanks

The way a shared database works is they will use the exact same database, so start with whichever you can start building first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Zach, how would the admin user be able to create an account/login (with password) for the users in this setup? I was trying something similar to this in my multi-tenant experiment the other day, but without being able to add the Password field to a form, I can’t see how an “Admin” user could add a new user account and set the password for it.

You could add a boolean field, e.g isAdmin, where in the form you could use a conditional action to check if the user isAdmin is true, then login otherwise do nothing.

1 Like

I mean more for the admin user to be able to assign a password for the new user, when the admin adds the new user to the user collection.

Hell @zachbharris !

I’m trying to build a application which have two types of user interface and they both have different data collection in existing database
example.
Users collection

1. User name
  2. Email
  3. Password

Normal user collection

1. User name
  2. Email
  3. Password

Problem is that when I’m trying to login with Normal user collection there is no options in the form field only showing users collection?

Can you please help me out!

You can only have one users collection, but you can use different properties to differentiate the types of users such as a True/False property called “Is Admin?”

3 Likes

Hello Tony, did you ever find a solution for your Admin setting up User accounts? I’m stuck with this challenge as well… Thanks in advance, Pierre

2 Likes

I actually just did this for a client and you can set the passwords with a CSV upload. @TonyD

Could this be done via the API?

I haven’t tried it via the API but it seems like i recall other makers saying it can’t be done that way.