How would I set up an AWS like server access

If someone had tens of millions of users and Adalo couldn’t handle it, how would someone setup access to an additional server like amazon AWS or something similar to it?

Thanks.

Once your app starts making enough money to hire a dev team you will probably move off Adalo completely. But let’s just say there is an app on Adalo that grows to 10m users and each user takes up 1MB of data space (which they will take much more). Then at today’s rate of $10/month per gig over 20gig that would cost around $100,000 in data charges per month. Adalo will figure it out for $1.2m/year

3 Likes

Okay, so what I’m doing is going with backendless. The one that does have me a bit mixed up is the header on the api request page.

I am not sure what that means. Adalo is a backend that, I suspect, uses MongoDB as their NoSQL provider and probably nodejs with express server. In the world of Full Stack development I believe that Adalo uses the MERN stack. So they provide the database, backend, and frontend tooling for you in a no-code way.

The header on the API page is how you call Adalos backend server from another application (like Xano or Integromat), you send the x-proton-auth in the header to authenticate yourself, and I believe content-type JSON which just means that everything is expected to be in JSON format.

If you give a little more detail about what you are trying to accomplish the community might be able to assist you further.

What is mern?

1 Like

I’m following this guide on how to establish backendless with Adalo.

During the setup process for the custom action during the api request page, adalo is asking me for a header and a body. When I follow the guide, adalo says that I need to enter in a valid json body.

Edit: Do i need to add the Rest API or the JSON API?

Ahhh, I see.

I just made a quick screen recording going through the setup. I do not have a backendless account so in the video replace the xxxxxxx.backendless url with your real url

1 Like

I appreciate you doing that for me, but Adalo still keeps saying to add a valid json body.

You copy pasted the quotation marks it looks like. Just delete all the quotation marks and readd them you have “email” when you need "email", notice the difference in the quotation marks. They need to be straight, not curved.

2 Likes

We got it working!

Thanks my dude!
:+1:

1 Like

Quick update regarding the aftermath of this topic. I need help with “how to check what the API request looks like.”

I’m having some trouble with the unauthorized login credentials and I asked Backendless and this what the support rep asked me:

“ Can you check what the API request looks like “on the wire”? Meaning what the client-side is sending to the server? We’d need to know what that request looks like and what the server is sending in response.”

Never mind. I think I got it fixed.

Sounds good. In reality there is no way to actually know what the request looks like. It goes through Adalo servers and gets transformed to the final request.

The only way you can sort of see it would be to create your own API endpoint that logs the request. Then change the base url to whatever the API you create is.

1 Like

A new problem came up. I can no longer access the “User” database while using the backend, and therefore, I can’t use the Logged in User feature when I need to use the “Sometimes” block. Since I cant use the logged in user block, I can’t use IAP’s with a login.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.