create posts with a countdown, and when the account is finished, delete the post. so I try to do it and every time I change the window the countdown resets, and I want it to continue without resetting again
Hi @Elbordo ,
I think this component is interesting for you,
And another alternative, if I may suggest, you can add additional property for expiration date, and use them with countdown too, but 0 seconds, and action to delete whenever the expiration date pass current time. Put this at entry screen and view screen, so expired post will not be seen.
Hello Yongki, how would the second alternative be? Could you help me a little.
Try this first and let me know the result.
Let me expand reply by @Yongki a bit.
If your post needs to disappear after some time - you can set an expiration date for a post, and use it for future actions. For example:
- add a DateTime property to Posts collection, call it ExpirationTime
- upon creating a post, set this property to CurrentTime+0.5 (this will mean that the post will exist for 12 hours)
- use an expression: (Current Post->ExpirationTime - CurrentTime)*86400 in Countdown timer component (number to count down from).
- result: each time you will enter this screen, countdown will start counting based on number of seconds left before expiration
- you will also need to expire the post itself. For this, add a on-screen-enter action to “expire” the post (mark expired, delete is not a very good idea). Make this action conditional, so it happens only when Current Post → Expiration date is before Current Time.
Best regards, Victor.