💡 Idea Generation | Help Me Choose an Idea for My Next Adalo Component!

Hey everyone,

:bell: If you’re new to this build in public series, you can catch up by reading the first post here.

For those of you who have been following along, please vote on the following ideas:

• Multi Image Picker
  • Paypal - Payment Provider
  • Conditional Text
  • Admob Alternative

0 voters

I’ll be building the chosen idea in public and sharing my development progress with the community on this forum and on my social media channels, so stay tuned for updates. Thanks in advance for your help!

3 Likes

Tagging all the people who have commented/interacted so they can get a notification :slight_smile:

@Yongki @theadaloguy @devrimdmk @GrantWoods @Jeremy64 @afonso @sambarendsma @Magnus @axme @dgarnett

2 Likes

thank you :handshake:

1 Like

What exactly do you mean with conditional text?

Great initiative!!

1 Like

@axme

1 Like

I forgot about another component that I think would be game changing: import phone contacts.

1 Like

Hmmm…maybe next time, it won’t let me edit the poll

I’ll definitely do another one of these in the future (if this one is successful) :slightly_smiling_face:

Just as an FYI, the poll will be closing May 21st, 2023 11:59 PM.

I would love a native component allowing users to access their phones contacts and send texts through the app.

1 Like

In the next build in public series (~1 month), I’ll be sure to add this to the poll.

@James_App_Maker This is great. As the poll says, image and video management is a huge deal and severely lacking in Adalo as compared to mainstream apps.

I would love a future thought around components to be for video. I think we have to make improvements to the video uploader component in Adalo. This is something I get the most complaints about from clients. This includes the ability to upload more file types, auto compression of videos (to allow larger uploads), and a progress bar. A bonus would be a backend integration with Cloudinary to just give everyone tons of control. I think this is a huge need and would love to see it.

1 Like

I agree. In this series I will be working on the multi image picker.

For video upload size, I can not control that, it’s all in Adalo’s control. In the next build in public series make sure to add your requests so they can be on the poll :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks. Just missed the poll post.

1 Like

No problem, now your following it :grin:

I’ll be sure to tag you the next time too

Ok. Looks like the multi image picker won by a landslide. Going to start building soon and update everyone periodically :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Paypal - Payment Provider

1 Like

Eagerly waiting. Any updates on timeline?

Hi @James_App_Maker , any updates?

1 Like

Hi Afonso,

I have kinda been getting busy but thanks for bumping this up.

I will donate to get a multi image picker done :sweat_smile:

My workaround for now is this…

I have 6 image pickers and actions for each picker that checks if it’s not empty then upload, I have some other actions that also assign each one to another table but it’s all a bit messy and not the best UX.