Lost Motivation? Here is my tips!

I have never seen anyone add this to this forum, so I would like to bring it out!

There is a time where we all get excited to start working on the app and get this GOING, but after time and after some difficulty, you lose Motivation I know how to feels you don’t want to open the project again, you’re already pissed either you want to quit or even make another project, so here are my tips on how to keep the motivation going!

TIPS ON MOTIVATION

• Make sure to just go to the editor, DO IT and ask yourself what bugs me.

• Find a correct timing where you bring at least 3 main goals, make sure it awarding that will make your brain get motivated.

• You can’t finish something? You can ask the forum if none did help work on something else on your project get experience and fix it, this worked for me as I did ask many people to help me with chat problems as it’s complex I just kept it there trained my skills came back and fixed it!

• Try something new will also result in a happy mood!

RECOMMENDATIONS

• I would recommend taking 30 mins and use Trello to organize your plans, make sure to add in the Trello board your plans, Progress, Goal.

• Look at the other people’s work but in a way not to get jealous or even feel bad, in a way to give you ideas, nothing is original, to make something original you have to take small stuff from this and that! I usually spend time looking at Interphase as I am an interphase designer and admire people’s work!

• NEVER send any incomplete work if you don’t want any losing motivation, people tend to help each other but when people say their own full opinion that your app isn’t great you tend to lose motivation! (Except if you promise yourself you won’t take recommendations to lose motivations, just to learn from it)

In the end, we’re all humans we all lose motivation, if you lost any of your motivation either DM me I will help as much as I can if you have any questions regards this PLEASE COMMENT BELOW!

As always good lucks and remember small ideas can be big!

5 Likes

Good points.

Great speech too.

If wannabe makers like us really feel this is an important thing to do, we will persist.

Adalo is really great learning tool, and no mysteries, it is just unknown to us but still manageable. It will be wasted not to use this opportunity.

Outside of this is still scary, we are glad that Adalo provide us shelter.

3 Likes

I’m with you on that!

Good points, mate! I totally agree with what you said.

Also I want to share some Ideas related to loosing motivation with Adalo.

Adalo for me is a game changer, I was wanterpreneur for so many years with a head full of startups and bussiness ideas. But i had no money, and best what I did is creating some landing pages.

I’m with Adalo just a couple month but I already build a real app, that people use and buy digital products inside my app. It’s amazing. But it is just a 1% or even less of what I have in my head.

But over and over I see some things that just make me feel bad and unmotivated. There are a lot I just name a few: image carousel(the one that in marketplace is usable, but when you cant scroll page if your finger happen to touch it, at least in web, there are custom carousel solution, but its slow and not smooth. And image carousel nowaday on any site, it just a basic element it needed in almost every type of app scenarios, but we dont have native Adalo properly working element, we don’t have a limiter for at least number of characters for password, the editor sometimes could load for 10 minutes, and I have only 20-30 screens app, very powerfull PC, and normal internet connection, the support is very very slow, so you can’t rely on this. and many other little details.

But my point is, almost every thing is solvable with a little research, some extra money spend, third party APIs.

I compared to myself almost all of the no code tools out there, some is faster and smooth, some have amazing support. Some give endless flexibility.

But Adalo at least for me is better overall, it NoCodest of them all, its so intuitive and pleasure to create on it, it is have amazing integration possibilities with its API you just need to learn it, and it have a best pricing to features than anyone that’s for sure.

I’m sure I switch to third party backend(Adalo’s way to slow).

But the whole point is: I really can create now, and Adalo was so friendly so I know start to think with databased set of mind, I want to become know how to make custom elements in JS, and the most vital thing I always google smt, I always read forums, whatch totorials, etc. but never helped anyone. With Adalo I now understand that if I won’t be active community member, if I will come to this forum only seeking help, and never give back to the community then it won’t thrive. Bad support is what we as a nocoders don’t get yet. When it’s polished, when it’s done, it’s already a product that expensive and closed, its iOS, when its open, cheap and gives freedom to create really unique its Linux, and it’s all about community. So for me Adalo is like Windows.

I look at all limitations and obstacles like that: NoCode becoming more and more popular, thus next year it become even easier, and richer with tools. More competition between nocode platforms, and more competition between nocoders. So if today I have to dig diper in order to solve problems, for tomorrow nocoders, I will be procoder, who can do anything)))

But we have to give back to the community, so if you feel unmotivated just help someone first, became wellknown person in this forum and when next time you stumble across unsolvable problem, someone will help to solve it!