Multi choice filter

Hi, I’m trying to create an app similar to Airbnb, where the user can search base on different types of options but, I’m not sure if it is possible to have a multichoice filter option, not a normal “dropdown option” I want the user to be able to choose a lot of options at the same time and get the results that match it.

Hi @Stef1,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

You would need a Many to Many relationship to store them and filter the list with that property.

Check here : Multi-Select Dropdown issue (only last item selected works) - #3 by dilon_perera

Thank you

Thank you so much for your reply, what is now challenging me is that I want to make sure when the user chicks whatever they want the guide to be (depending on interests, equipments, spoken languages, etc) they could get the guides with this match that’s what now is not working for me.
I’m not sure how to filter the list in order to get the correct results.
If you could help me I would really appreciate it.

Can you show us your database , current setup and preview with a video? ( you can use Loom )

This video shows the database and the filter, I would really appreciate it if you can help me :pray:t4:

1 Like

Also, here you can preview the app.

Thanks for the video Stef! So you are trying to filter the Users list based on the drop-downs values right? Something like this : Multiple Custom Filters - #4 by dilon_perera

And what information are stored in the Guides collection? I’m thinking that you have created that to store guiders and I think you don’t need that because I see that you have a true/false property to now that and you can create the One to Many relationships between that specific collections with the Users collection and add some filters with the drop-down value in the Users list!

Sorry i hve been moving everything around and i show you the wrong filter, the image bellow is how the filter should be working.
Yes, I am thinking about getting rid of the guides collection, but i am not sure yet as the guides collection may affect my filter.

Is it possible to give me access for this app to understand this and give a solution for you? Here’s my email : pereradilon24@gmail.com ( in your editor gear icon > app access section > add this email )

Hi Dilon! I appreciate you helping me out with this matter I have been for so long trying to solve it myself and it’s getting late for me to present the build.
Thank you so much for your patience and kindness :relaxed::pray:t4::pray:t4::heart:

1 Like

Your Welcome and Thanks Stef! I saw a email that you have added me to your app and I will check that tomorrow ( it’s night here :new_moon: ) and I will make a video and send it here!

Thank you Dilon

1 Like

Ey Dilon, please don’t forget I exist I really need your help :relaxed::heart::pray:t4:

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.