Need help for a Logic

Hello folks,

I want to link a multi-select dropdown input to a collection data but can’t think of a work-around. So, seeking some advice or help on that topic.

Use-Case:
The user will have 2 inputs to “Create a company”.

1. Company name
  2. Status - [Active & Inactive] - multi-select drop-down
    and a submit button to create the company in collections. I want the user to be able to see both these inputs on another screen and it should be only be seen by the logged-in user.
    I am able to display the company name but unable to display the status part.

What is the work-around for this use case. How many collections do I need to create and how to I use the relationship feature to enable this use case.

P.S - This perhaps is a very simple use case but being new to this community I am having a hard time figuring this out. Would appreciate it if someone can help me with this.

Hi,
Welcome to Adalo. Is the logged-in user, also the user that created the record or just a general logged-in user?

Does the status has to have a relationship with the company and can just be recorded?

Hi, Thanks JL.

Yes, the logged-in user is also the user that created the record. And also yes, the status has to have a relationship with the company.
Like in the photo above, if I input Google in company name and Status as awaiting from drop-down, then in the card below, it should reflect both these inputs (only for the logged-in user).

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.