Notifications API

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to achieve the following function within my app

I have built a management portal for my app using adalo’s desktop app creation tool, I also have a second app that is android native. (they share the database)

the desktop app is for management to add and remove content and users from the native android app as needed.

the native app is to allow users to directly talk with our organization

I am wondering if it is possible to allow the desktop app to trigger notifications in the android app ?

Example:

1. desktop app publishes new notification
  2. native app users can see the notification and view contents.

I would like to know if this is possible

Thanks

1 Like

HI, Of course… have you seen the adalo notification trigger?

Regards.
Matias from Rimatcom

I am having the same problem. I have a desktop app that shares a database with the mobile app. I would love for the mobile app to get the triggered notification when notifications are triggered in the desktop version but it’s not working.

Anyone have a solution for this?

As far as I am aware, the apps both need to be live and not in previewer. The mobile app only receives notifications if it has been downloaded via appstore or play store and the web app will only work if it is published. A couple of other notes to point out…

• the user must be logged into the app

• you cannot send a notification to yourself, you must be sending a notification to someone who is logged in with a different email

• the screen redirect option cannot be empty (well, it can be left empty but it won’t work if you don’t select a screen

1 Like

@linuxliam I was able to figure it out. For me you need to setup the screen redirect option to open in “Other Apps”. Whenever I setup the screen redirection to something other than this it didn’t work, including having them be opened in the web app.

Hopefully that works for you as well. If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen option you will see the apps with a linked database, from their you can select the screen you want the notification to take your users too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.