Push notifications to non logged users

Hello
I have a use case where I’d like to send notifications to non logged users. Users can put in favorite (like) specific categories of items. Whenever a new item fitting their favorite categories is available they would receive a push notification.

Is this possible without having the user to create a profile and to log in?
Thank you for your help
Sardar

Probably not.

You have to specify the person you want to send the notification to, and that will be difficult if they are not logged in.

I thought so as well.
I was wondering if there was a way to find a unique identifier based may be on their app store ID (if there is any way to actually get this info).

Hi @skief-labs,

As an option - you might try to achieve this with “pseudo-users”: you create the “pseudo-user” account when user signs up, and then can try to send the notification there.
I’ve never tried to do it by myself though and can’t predict the result.

My short overview how to create pseudo-users is here: Adalo deferred login examples - YouTube

However, I would advice to motivate users to register when they’d like to add an item to their favourites. This is a legitimate reason, users should understand that. This is my personal opinion though )

Best regards, Victor.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.