Relationship between two tables based on a date?

I want user’s to be able to enter their child’s birthday and then see a schedule of recommended doctor’s appointments.

I have a collection for the children, and one of the fields is birthday (date). The parents (users) are prompted to enter this date.

I have a collection of appointment schedules based on birthdays.

But I can’t figure out a way for Adalo to display the appointment schedules based on the inputted birthday. Any help is welcome!

You need to calculate their age in days?
Then show an appointment based on this?

BTW Adalo is not the platform for actual health data, especially children data. Fine for a prototype but read about HIPAA if you are US based.

Hello! No, I have two tables with the following columns:

Kids Table: Name, Birthday
Appointment Schedule Table: Birthday, Appoint 1 Suggested Date, Appointment 2 Suggested Date…

Appointment 1 Suggested Date is always 30 days after the Birthday. That math is baked into the spreadsheet (i.e., I performed those calculations in Google Sheets and exported the values only to Adalo’s database).

I want Adalo to call up a given kid’s birthday in the Appointment Schedule Table and then display the suggested dates for the appointments.

No health data will be used in this app and I am based in Germany, but thank you anyway for the advice.

OK I follow.

There’s few other ways to go about it but keeping it simple and going with what you already have.

List of kids sorted by DOB.
Click on kid.
Detail screen lists appointments collection. Filtered on Appointment_Date > Kid.DOB

Extend it further by adding AND, so that only dates after today are shown, and only dates within the next month.

This relies on your dates being properly parsed into Adalo and stored as Date type fields.

Good luck :+1: