Reset timer after done

can you have a countdown time restart it self after going off

Hi @GrantWoods,
Can you give more details on what you want to achieve?

I once did this in 2 ways:

1. Once the counter finishes it has an action that goes to a modal page and that modal page has an action “user visits screen” to link back to previous page, so this makes that the counter starts again.

1. Another way I did in order not to leave the current page. I added 2 counters. when one would finish, if it was within a certain condition, it would start the other counter, and then the other counter would do the same. I did this to create a Counter loop to always be looping each other until a certain condition was met.

Both these methods are great for when you want to create a popup window and you have something running in the background and when that hits a certain condition, then timers are reset, if not, it just keeps going.

Cheers.

Hey there @GrantWoods & @JL_LJ

An alternate method would be to use 2 countdown timers and an input, like this:

Set the default value of the input to 1.

Set the first countdown to only visible when the input is equal to 1. Set the timer to your desired amount of time and add an action to change the input value to 2.

Set the second countdown to only visible when the input is equal to 2. Set the timer to your desired amount of time and add an action to change the input value to 1.

This creates a repeating timer that resets itself. In this example, the button above blinks back and forth between the 2 styles, like a video game’s press start button.

1 Like

is there an way to make it with any user input because im tring to make an auto save

Hi @GrantWoods,

If you’re trying to make autosave input, there are several options:

Best,
Victor.

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.