【Seeking Advice】:Sending Notifications Based on User Location/Geofence in a Native iOS App

Hi everyone,

I’m currently facing a challenge and, after searching through previous posts, I couldn’t find a solution that fits my situation. I’m hoping someone here might be able to offer some guidance or share their experience.

Situation:
I’m working on a Mobile Native iOS App.

My Question:
I would like to know if I can achieve as follows on Adalo with plugin and so on.

What I’m Looking to Achieve:
I aim to send notifications to users already in area A and those entering it, even if they haven’t opened the app. This implies that users have the app installed but not actively in use.
The trigger is when the other user from other areas ask the user in area A about the inquiry.
*I understand that this would require users to have Background Location Tracking enabled.

I would greatly appreciate any insights, advice, or experiences you could share on this matter.
*I checked this post, but I am not clear on how.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Regards,

Not possible I’m sorry to say.
Adalo isn’t the platform for you if this is a critical feature.

Hi Rozza,

Thank you so much for reply.
Would this be impossible even if using the other support tools such as zapier and so on?

Regards,

Nope. Only the Adalo app can determine location and it can’t do that in the background.
Elsewhere on the forum njimmy has explained briefly how even with custom component it can’t work.

1 Like

Hi Rozza,

Thank you so much!!:))

Regards,

1 Like

Is this a critical feature for your app?

Hi @njimmy10

Thank you so much. Yes, this feature is critical for us. I am planning to develop an app that allows users to exchange information with each other.

The steps for this feature are as follows:

1. User A in Area A submits an inquiry about area B.
  2. The app will send a notification to users in area B. *At this step, I will need to use Geofencing.
  3. A user in area B will respond to user A’s inquiry.

Therefore, I need the functionality to send notifications based on user location/Geofence.

If my elaboration is not clear, please let me know!

Regards,

This is feature is not possible in Adalo, not using 3rd party services such as Make or Zapier nor with a custom component, and if somehow a custom component was doable it will be very complex and costly.

1 Like

Thank you so much njimmy, I need to look for other platform to make it!:))

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.