Sunday Teaser "2".. Simulating Admob in app

Hello Everyone…

Here is another “Sunday Teaser No. 2”…

Is there a way to … instead of messing with Admob… (I don’t have adds in any of my apps)… and not keen on the plugin “Admob banner”… here on Adalo…

I want to put in an “annoying Video Add of my apps” that appears as full page (interstitial style) that pops up at timed or random intervals whenever inside the app …
so as to annoy the user enough to buy the app… just the same as Admob does…

Or use a simple popup “Modal with adds on it” that will do the same…

I have made a vid of what I mean…

Or use that VidAdd as a Demo app… and can easily be removed when purchased…

Something on a time countdown after a few minutes etc… that will appear on the main screen/pages that have to be used in the app…

The benefit of this idea is that I can view the "Annoying behaviour of the “VidAdd” in my PWA… so can adjust accordingly…

Any help will be very appreciated…

P.S… I have updated the app now to show how it works and click “Blue Editor Pen” to show another message… link below…

https://app.detekdemo.com.poddleytaleseuro.co.uk/

Lyn…

So just thinking through this I think I have a way you can accomplish this. You will need to create a number Field on the user called something like “ad-count.” Now identify a few screens or actions that you would like to trigger the ad pop up. Ideally some very commonly used actions like going to a main element or user page. This will depend on your app.

Now add an action to those interactions or screens that increment the ad-count field +1 every time those actions are taken or a screen is viewed. Next you will create an action link to your ad pop-up screen with a filter to only do this when the “ad-count” = 5(or whatever you choose).

This will make it so when a user takes your desired actions or views your screens X number of times, they will the be directed to the ad pop up screen.

On the ad pop up screen, add a screen action the resets the user “ad-count” field back to zero. This will the reset the counter and they won’t see your ad again till they have interacted with your app the desired number of times again.

That should get you close to what you are looking for, but I am not sure of a great way to time it, because I think the timer actions will only work from the screen they are on. But you could definitely investigate with something similar to above, but with a time and actions to set and reset the time when the ad is displayed.

Hope this helps!

4 Likes

@ben1 There are so many applications for what you have just described that @pford or @Victor should make a video on it, lol!

Seriously though I could use this to pop-up workflow for a newsletter subscription modal, an upgrade modal, a link to our YouTube channel, etc.

3 Likes

Yes! We use this method in the MyNursery app to show surveys for people to take as well as track metrics for screen usage and counting popularity of activities/posts.

2 Likes

Ben…

Well elaborated on what I want… This is a much better way of making a “Demo” without the fuss of “Admob” rigmarole… and if you are not into trying to scrape a few coffers through Admob… this will work nicely… and not annoy any future prospecting buyers of the app…

Lyn…

Hello TD…

I had racked my brains on a way to do a simple “Trial Demo”. and none are any use… the user will simply just sign up again… and if they only use the app for an “On the Day” data input… they could not care less if you set it to stop functioning after 10-30 days…

This way it doesn’t matter … the annoying intervals will deter the “Shylock’s” out there…

it is very simple to do… (if I can do it… anyone can)… Simple count down timer off Adalo’s extra addons at bottom left of main components panel … 2 needed… 1 on the page you want to be annoying… set for 20 secs… and the other 1 … on a simple Adalo’s new screen “Modal”… set to 30 secs…

On the Modal panel … change words to what you want to show for 30 secs… and add a nice advert of your next app or whatever… and reset the timers links to go to the page the timers are used on…

Add this feature to as many pages you like… BUT! … A warning… leave some that they can add stuff and view stuff… without the “Annoyer” … butting in…

Lyn…

I think it is essential for all apps to use this at some point in them…
Lyn

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.