Testflight not displaying images stored externally (S3)

For some reason my TestFlight app is displaying only two images. Previewer works fine.

I tried resizing all images and changing from png to jpg but neither works. I can’t find a difference between the images that are showing and the ones that aren’t. Most images are stored in AWS.

Anyone seen this before and found the solution?

Hi @renzetc,

I can recall some issues in loading resources (files in that case) in Preview vs Native app. As I remember it was somehow related to CORS policies and different treatment of them in a browser / in an app. Also it was somehow related to loading image via URL.

But I don’t have details. @ben1 may be you could advise?

Also, in general, it’s a good idea to check policies on AWS S3 buckets and folders to be sure there are no restrictions.

Best regards, Victor.

Thanks @Victor ,

I’m using Bubble as a backend and storing all my images there – also the ones uploaded through Adalo. Very curious to hear what @ben1 has to say about this!

Hi @renzetc,

Interesting!
May be you could share links to 2 images (working one and non-working one)? Along with the way you display them in Adalo (screenshots)?

Best regards, Victor.

1 Like

So it seems the two images showing are stored differently indeed. The normal way would be through amazoneaws though so that seems to be an issue. Here’s a few screenshots:

Images that are showing are the 2nd and 5th. The rest is in the amazonaws folder.

In case anyone wonders, this is the workflow that stores images uploaded in Adalo in the backend.

And this is the setup, with the image url indeed.

Still haven’t found a solution to the issue so any help in the right direction is appreciated!

Hi @renzetc,

Well, first image is stored in Adalo’s CDN - they use ImgIX. So that’s why it is displayed.

I wonder how the 2nd one was added to the app: it is delivered via cloudfront.net, but it is stored in AWS S3.

As for the other ones - probably it is somehow related to access policies & their interaction with native app. It could be a good idea to submit a support ticket for this.

Best regards, Victor.

Hi @renzetc,

As far as I know this is followed by Support Team, have you got any solution so far?
This might be useful for other users here :slight_smile:

Best,
Victor

1 Like

Thanks for reminding @Victor

So we checked what was going on by adding a text field to the list that displayed the img url. Turned out all S3 images were missing ‘https:’ for some reason. No idea why this happened but evidently the solution was to add https: to the image’s url field.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.