There should be new free components that drop monthly

At this point, it’s silly that Adalo still has no free background with magic text or a two state horizontal list for date picking, etc. Is there any plan to add components that should be native? I’m considering a different platform at this point.

5 Likes

Creating a classic app cost more than $10k. I think pay $30 isn^t too much

BUT you’re right, WE NEED MORE FREE COMPONENTS. Thats the power of our app and we’re easily limited…

3 Likes

Good point! And it’s easy for me to get frustrated with the lack of components I need despite Adalo consistently upgrading features, but if NoCodeMonkey can produce what seems like a few per month, Adalo should be able to as well!

1 Like

You’re right! I hope one day there will be much more free components

@mrentrekin @devrimdmk I can create a couple free components per month, I just need the ideas. (it has to be simple because I can’t spend a lot of hours on a free components)

1 Like

Send voice message
Phone contact access
Multi image selection

Just a few

2 Likes

Hey James! Thanks for offering! The magic text background would be wonderful as a free component instead of $35. A horizontal list that has multiple states so I could implement a clickable calendar that highlights and displays different information would be awesome too, but it seems like that might be some work! I’d be happy to help you make components, but I have no experience, so it might take me a little while to learn.

1 Like

Just to clarify, the dynamic background is USD $20.

For the horizontal list, do you have an example app that displays this (not an Adalo app)?

1 Like

Oh my gosh! I feel so dumb! Looks like you’re the creator of the dynamic background :slight_smile: :smile: You’re correct, sorry for the mistake, but paying adalo, then also paying component makers is a little tough when my apps are not making much money yet. I appreciate you and your work though. I’ve almost purchased the dynamic background on numerous occasions! I can reply with an example of the list shortly, just wanted to apologize for the mistake and let you know that I respect your hard work, and the hard work of all component makers.

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words. Just as an FYI, I would love to price my components lower but Adalo takes 40% of the sale, if I made them any cheaper I would barely be making anything :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s crazy… And way more understandable.

1 Like

Can I ask how long does it take you to make a component like the dynamic background? Is it all coding?

I don’t remember exactly but it took a couple of weeks to make then a couple more weeks of testing. And yes, it is all coding. (Adalo also takes months to review components btw)

1 Like

When I see the example of the horizontal list, I can check and see how long it’ll take to develop.

These 3 would be game-changing.

1 Like

@mrentrekin @Tam73 @afonso @devrimdmk should be done by end of today.

1 Like

I like what NoCoseMonkey produces but the support ain’t there. I bought a few of their components, emailed them for help in one but no reply. They should atleast make video tutorials. I’m getting frustrated with Adalos lack of support as well.

1 Like

Free component coming soon! :tada:

2 Likes

Agreed, their support is not good.

Hey James,
Your demo for the dynamic background does not seem to be working.