Trigger Call from tel:xxx nor working

Ever since today, the call trigger from an external link is no longer working and displays “Not found” instead of opening a browser window and triggering the call: xxx number.
Does anyone have the same problem?

Mine it’s broke too.

the link maybe broken?
https://driver.jarvasdelivery.com/preview/tel%3A938698260

Can you share some screenshots how you have set this up in the builder? (and if it comes from magic text - please also show an example record from the database)

Sure. It work until yesterday.

Thanks! I’ve discovered the issue and informed the team internally!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for the fast response.

1 Like

Fixed! :slight_smile: @AfonsoMarques @Celina

Amazing Thank You! @anon78309838

Yay thanks! I was having the same issue when showing someone our (still unfinished) app yesterday and just told them I forgot to link it correctly (knowing it worked before too) and hoped for the best…but it’s honestly worrisome because similar things have been happening alot and I don’t have time or energy to note them all (or I would to help the cause)!

Just an fyi @anon78309838 and others (newcomers) who come across this post… I had to go back into the builder just now and reset or “reapply” the user’s texting number as the magic text, for it to work again…

I know it’s probably an overlapping topic and I ask with all due respect, but (it’s a legitimate concern for everyone’s actual business / app reputation). Why are so many things like this happening with so many apps already live and being used? And what is the projected time frame that it will stop happening (again, with all due respect and understanding!)

I have found (and see many in the forums) strange things disappearing, things like this breaking, blank screens when they shouldn’t be, very slow and all happening to live apps (not ours yet and ours is a web app btw), I’ve trimmed and simplified our app for better performance and I’m still scared sarge. We now have everything into Adalo platform and probably too late to change (and I don’t want to!!!).

Do you gentlemen test on different servers / different environment or are some of the staff’s changes affecting the live platform (in lay man’s terms lol)??

I also never got a answer to my big question of whether a “save button + 30 second auto-save” compared to the auto-saving every second or two of 200,000 plus apps being built, being refreshed and many being used (live)? Is that a legitimate question / concern / fix???

I ask repeatedly because if it’s as legitimate as it seems, I would make big decisions related to whether that specifically, is being fixed as we speak / immediately. I worry about going live with all of the quirks as mentioned and in other posts (I understand but that doesn’t do anything for our launch to very particular business owners across the U.S.).

Can you give any insight on that @anon78309838 @ben1 @anyStaff??? TIA

I also ask this because I think it would give great insight to all of those who are wondering the same. I will probably never leave Adalo but I have to make a very important and quick decision the dictates everything for us. Thanks for clearing anything up if you will!!!

Hi Mike,

I don’t work at Adalo, but I can give my opinion of what’s causing this.

• Bugs in the editor, slowness, email already exists error, etc… This might be caused when Adalo is working making the editor faster; like a month ago, when someone where to delete a screen and refresh the page, the screen would still be there, that was because Adalo was doing so work on the editor at that time.

• When the offline message shows up. This might be because there is a lot of makers working on apps all at the same time which overloads the servers so it’s can’t handle any more load.

@anon78309838 @Ben @David @ben1 feel free to add on! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks James! That’s what I wondered… Obviously performance is one of the most important components of all and when apps are live, it just has to be.

Staff, are you or can you eliminate much or all of this by no auto-saving every second x 200k and work separately from the live platform uploading changes in the middle of the night or with notice that it will be down for a moment for updates?.?. TIA It’s not my expertise, I just have to make a very important decision and I’m scrambling for a solution rather than an explanation really…?

I do mean this with the utmost respect!

Hey Mike!

We agree that a stable and consistent behavior is a must have for Adalo. A couple things here, and I won’t claim to be an expert on the matter, but I can share my knowledge, and provide some insight from internal changes and discussions, etc.

The saves you are mentioning have actually been addressed through a couple of projects about 2 months ago. We no longer save on every change in the editor. They are now batched(I don’t recall the interval), or saved when you go to preview/share the app, or refresh a currently open PWA. This reduced our load in this area by orders of magnitude(don’t have the actual figures handy) . You are correct that the old way we were doing this was not going to scale, and we were monitoring that, and made changes as soon as we feasibly could. This should not be a cause of load related issues anymore. Even when things do get loaded down, they won’t simply fail to save, they will just have a slight delay in when they are visible in your live app or preview.

As for releases causing bugs in certain features, or workarounds. This is tricky. We 100% do testing before deploying code to the production branch, probably more testing than people realize. One of the greatest values of Adalo is how much control we all have as Makers over each component, screen, actions, etc. The flip side of this creates 10,000s of edge cases. Literally. when you have hundreds of thousands of makers building incredible and complex apps, everyone can use a component slightly differently, or may be using a “workaround” or even using what should be considered a “bug” to their advantage to make a feature work a certain way. We do what we can to account for as many of these edge cases as we can, but in full transparency, we can’t account for all of these in a real way. When we release something, we do regression testing against current use cases (that we are aware of), and if those pass, we move forward with release. If we become aware of this, we look for a quick solution(hot fix) and will push that if available, if it’s not going to be doable, we revert this and then go back to fix the issue in dev, and then retest, including the test case for the newly found case.

We are growing that team of rockstars, and doing work on our QA processes to be able to cover more of these edge use cases (and core use cases), to be better about catching any regressions. the work we are doing today is prove to regression, because we are doing work on core functions, to make them better, faster,(stronger, bigger. RIP Daft Punk anyone?).

I guess the theme of my post is we are working on this, and we know we aren’t perfect, but we’re very committed to making this better as we move forward. We appreciate all feedback and ideas, even if we don’t implement them, or respond to them, we do see them, and use them to help frame our path forward.

Let me know your thoughts on the above!

2 Likes

Thanks @ben1 !! As mentioned before, I try to stay in my lane with only the hopes that something I say might make sense or serve as (probably something you’ve already thought of) at least something to think about.

I am in a situation to where I have everything riding on this and have to go with a gut feeling (which I’ve already done actually which is why I’m here). I just know that the challenges we are having with our industry even respectfully responding to what we are doing is non-existent so we (I) are going to have to force our way through until they do respond or have to.

With all that said, if I do launch and go all out with no budget to make things happen, the live app will make or break us almost instantly. Any quirks (in the “web app” so that I don’t have control issues or update issues or policy changes from google / apple) will probably destroy us right out of the gate with going it alone like this.

I’m just trying to figure out what to do before they (the government) release funds for exactly what I’m building and also before any issues happen in the live app, no matter what the reason. I think I’m going to gamble on trimming our app down to complete simplicity and no need for a user to scroll (quirky) with a couple lists (to pass proper data) in it and hope big changes (with hopefully no hiccups like the “call this user” button sending them to a browser page saying no results happening after launch) happen before I do…

I appreciate your response and understand your challenges overall! I guess one thing comes to mind…is there a way to embed another app with (script tags to embed it) for the meantime? I’ve tried everything (that I am aware of anyway and without opening the other app in a new window as the in-app brownser didn’t work) including somehow figuring out most of the api integration (but can’t rebuild the entire app to get filters and relations to work properly). I’m worn out lol. But I think that if we could do this I could use all functionality of another app already built and “get” total hours for a time clock, signatures, total hours (from time fields) to bill a client, etc, into our Adalo app for use with the Stripe Connect / Platform billing, etc. Then we could go live, copy our current (Adalo only) app and work on it as you progress with Adalo.

I couldn’t figure out how to signup users in the other app / database, then login and put/get records back and forth securely as it wasn’t working. So I thought the embedding would maybe get us there for now?.?. I know it may be a loaded question buut…

I don’t know if that’s considered out of the realm of anything but I just know (I think) it would solve our case (and possibly many others) for now. Let me know your thoughts in here or private message and thanks again!!!

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.