Trying to link a 'simple list' to a new page with a form

Hi
First time user this month.
Installed Adalo approx 2 weeks ago.
Using free version at present.

Question is,
I’ve got a list of 3 cars and I’m trying to get the user to click on the first car which take me to a “CAR 1” screen
where I have a Form with questions the user can fill in.

If they choose car 2 I want it to go to “CAR 2” screen. Same for car 3.

When I run the app Click Car1 it goes to “CAR 1” screen.
But click on Car2 or Car3 it still goes to “CAR 1” screen

I’ve watched the How to make items in a list link to individual pages.
Does Free Version allow this or can I not link a list to a form

Hi @Dalo,

Welcome to the community :partying_face:

For this you need to make the three link actions conditional.

Check this : Cars - Different Screens.mp4 - Google Drive

May I ask why you use individual screens for the 3 cars and not use one screen for them?

Thank you

so when user clicks “Car 1” it links to Form 1and sends car details to a dB Car1.
and user clicks “Car 2” it also links to Form 1and sends car details to a dB Car2.
Etc

Sorry,
I’m still unable to view your Vid.
But.
You asked
May I ask why you use individual screens for the 3 cars and not use one screen for them?.
Hmm…
So instead of 3 screens I could try the following.

so when user clicks “Car 1” it links to Form 1and sends car details to a dB Car1.
and user clicks “Car 2” it also links to Form 1and sends car details to a dB Car2.
Etc

Try again!

You mean you have separate collections for 3 cars? What you need is to display the cars in a simple list and go to a screen that has a form once a item clicked in that list? The form is different for each car? Is it possible to share a video of your current database, setup and preview? ( You can use loom or upload the video on Google drive or Vimeo and send the link of that uploaded video )

1 Like

Thanks Dilon_perera,
Video was great and I’m working on it now.

Happy New Year from Scotland :scotland:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.