Tutorials are outdated, and complicated

Like talk one, all tutorials are old from Adalo, but my primary concern is the simple beginner tutorials and more, how people see how they can educate us newbies is by telling us what it means, but I don’t really learn it that way, and I bet you guys don’t learn it that way too! Tutorials should show a plan’s movement in my views, such as constructing something small and telling us what to do with teaching in simple activities, and even not only by watching steps and more! In my view, Adalo is much easier as an app manufacturer website, but what scares me are the unnecessary bugs such as data picker bug, toggle button bug, not sensitive website, that’s my opinion what do you guys think? Let me know!

Adding into that, if we look at the forum 80% are “help” which shows how its hard we can learn, and also a need of a nice tutorials and information for us to know.

I’m beginning to think that the only way I’m going to learn how to use this platform is to pay for a tutorial and make a “clone” app step-by-step. The dots (in my brain) aren’t connecting and I’m having a hard time grasping some of these concepts. I need to actually work it from my dashboard to learn. I think they used to call this “rote” learning, back in the day.

I’m old, what can I say. It hasn’t been easy.

Welcome to the community, you’re right it’s been almost a full year and I learned adalo from going to the editor and learning my mistake, you have to work it to become PRO in adalo, but what I wanted at past newbie me is to have people teach in a way not soo simple, but a way where we exercise that new person, by making the following steps and learning them! Again that was really great point and as in my experience yes it has not been easy to learn adalo.

Glide recently have uploaded many official video tutorials, in the past, their CEO doing that, as other startups like Supabase or their cofounders doing like that.

The education must come from internal of Adalo and making it part of the editor, officials tutorial are more appreciated than any other.

What we are doing is firefighting, sometime the fire is manageable, but most other times, it will burn things or even people, but still better than nothing.

With the right implementation, Adalo can sustain more complexity than Glide, as long as they have setup the relationships and filtering on their screen, which is less the case in Glide.

Spreadsheet is more comprehensible than database relations.

So, we need more comprehensive official tutorial than Gliders. :grinning:

We are working towards a massive update in how we educate our makers about Adalo.

A full Academy is currently in the works that will not only walk through the use of the Adalo platform but also touch on surrounding aspects of app building.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.