Users (in database)?

Hello,

I wonder if there is a limit to the number of users a app can have at the same time (web version), without slowing down?

Also, how many users (name, e-mail and favorites) the database can contain? How would 20-30k users in a single database work out?
Or should I use, for example, Airtable in that case?

So in theory it shouldn’t have an effect. One thing to note is that at this time Adalo is growing like crazy and they are working on scaling things up, and it’s getting a lot better, but for the next while it might (will likely) still be slower sometimes etc.

I think using the Adalo DB should be fine unless you have some other needs.

A few points to remember:

• Worry about scale issues once you have them… too many people worry about what happens when I have 10,000 users, before they even have 100.
  • Not all users will use the app at the same time, at the exact same moment etc
  • Unless you have a huge user base already, it’s going to take a while to build up etc before you have an issue

So the best thing is to just get started building, if you end up with 30k users and they are all creating content etc, I’m sure Adalo would be more than happy to talk with you about a billing plan for that :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply! I’m considering moving from to Adalo with a app I already got (rebuilding is). That app has about 5k users and growing atm, so that’s why 20k+ seems realistic :slight_smile:
And true, not all at the same time. But, quite some will be using it during a normal working day. And yeh, ill see how AirTable works out and else perhaps ill contact Adalo :slight_smile: Thanks again!