Is the Adalo server strong enough for 10.000.000 users?

Hi. Image your Adalo app has e.g. 10.000.000 users. Is the server strong enough for so many users, when you buy the most expensive offer for 149$ a month?

Best wishes:)

1 Like

10 Million users are a lot, I don’t think that’s going to handle that amount but to help with the ease make sure to not add many action texts and use the business plan, but most probs your servers will crash! The biggest app here has 100k members, but 10 million is quite massive for adalo to handle.

3 Likes

If your app is C2C or B2C, treat Adalo as front-end.

When you said 10 millions users, how many are concurrent ? if only 10 of them, you might not get any trouble using Adalo’s full stack.

Otherwise, it is better to know the technology behind it.

Here is another example of what I read.

2 Likes

If 10 million at least 1 million moving with actions and 10 millions in user database servers is alot.

Concurrent means using at the same time, even lower than active last minute.

Here is a reference

699 million daily active users on average in June 2013 roughly 485k unique users using the site every minute, concurrent users are even a lot less than that, only database administrators can tell.

I know, what I mean it will fill his storage 10 million users in a database of adalo is a lot.

If you haven’t even get a thousand users or haven’t even got a first version out, I don’t think now is the right time to even think about millions of users.

When you have a million and I guess profitable, you would have moved on from Adalo. :joy:

4 Likes

IF you have 10.000.000 users and want to use a database that costs only 150 USD per month, you doing monetizing wrong. No database can hold 10.000.000 users even if it only stores login credentials.

My point of view based on my understanding of Adalo, first of all, Adalo is a tool to build APP this is just an “interface”, based on this concept u have the ability to build the APP and link it with any backend tech.

My idea to handle this amount is to use cloud DB for example, AWS services which will help u to scale in case of more users in a concurrent situation this will let your system not down and Adalo will play an interface role whatever the users and whatever concurrent.

If I miss something it will be glad to inform me.

2 Likes

Thank you for your answer:)
Which cloud DB do you recommend?

Hoje estou lançando um app de logística que já possui 5 mil usuários ativos. Todo o app possui 50 telas e uma previsão de 30 mil pedidos por mês no app. Estou preocupado pois o app está finalizando, há momentos que o painel de construção fica muito lento, as listas no app demoram carregar e algumas informações no banco de dados não são salvas.

Could you pls send us the link to this app?

2 Likes

I don’t think he has it.

Most probs @Victor does.

based on one of the members that provide a comparison between DBs, we found that non SQL DB is faster, u can use one of them, but its depend on ur needs.

this is interesting to build such an app with this amount if u mind I can work with you on this app part-time for free just 5 hours a week, I just need to learn more.

Hi there,

Unfortunately as for now this reference is not public (i.e. Adalo didn’t get the explicit permission from the customer to share this information as a success story).

Personally I don’t know the name of the app, but have seen the DB screenshot with >98K records :slight_smile:

I made some experiments with relatively large volumes of sample data (9,6K records), 5 text fields in the record. When I load the unfiltered list, it takes about 20-25 seconds to load (but this is expected - browser needs to get almost 10K records). With dynamic loading it is much better - list seems to be quite responsive.
Of course with this amount of data the developer needs to plan and structure the app carefully - you can’t list all the records, etc. But in my opinion this applies to any app/website, not only Adalo.

And of course a lot will depend on the usage patterns.

Best regards, Victor.

5 Likes

Thanks, Victor for your feedback, I want your feedback too on my idea and opinion

1 Like

Hi @ahmedalnaqa,

There is no single “right” or “wrong” decision in this case, sorry :slight_smile: it all depends on the app, data size, usage frequency, patterns, etc.

With internal collections, you have a very powerful built-in relations. You can set them easily using Adalo builder’s built-in capabilities. If you use external collections to store the data, you’ll lose that.

External data storage, on the other side, could be faster than built-in. However, all requests are passed via Adalo servers anyway (see here: Scaling Up: Prioritizing Performance on Adalo - #81 by AddyEdwin).
But even with this, I found Airtable to work much faster than built-in DB… though, relationships is a pain :slight_smile:

You can use Backendless or Xano as a backend, it will provide more advanced capabilities from backend logic perspective, but (as usual) it requires more technical understanding and knowledge.

So, my comment would be “It depends”. For most of the apps Adalo built-in storage is more than sufficient. For some advanced apps - the maker needs to decide, and this is individual each time.

Sorry for not giving a clear and definitive answer :slight_smile:

Best regards, Victor.

3 Likes

@Victor
thanks so much for your valuable feedback it’s very clear and I agree 100% about the right way it depends on the app and other cases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.