Using Webhooks in Adalo (with Integromat)

13 Likes

Hey, thanks so much for this.
Could this be used to put information back into Adalo’s tables?
Trying to figure out how I can use this for external payments; to notify the adalo data of the payment status.

Appreciate your input

1 Like

Im not positive, but I don’t think that will be available until Adalo releases their own API. You can upvote that feature here: Adalo API to access collections data | Voters | Adalo

But you can use Zapier to update or post data to new records that way.

1 Like

Thanks, so would Adalo’s connected API feature would also not work to “GET” info back and update records?

I’m not quite sure I understand what you mean?

I see they have a section for “connected apis” does this not solve the problem? Could I not just connect to my payment gateway via api and be able to update a records payment status somehow through this feature? Or not?

Oh oh yes you can certainly do that with a POST method using an external API collection as long as the API supports it.

Patrick

1 Like

@pford Maaaan !! thanks alot
How can i use this method to send a verfication email or sms to make sure that the email or phone numbers are correct? i mean how to verify user’s with this
im okay with the part where adalo connects with integromat, but how can i return the data to adalo’s table and register this user as Verified or something?
If you help me with this im gonna build a statu for you in Germany :smiley:

Yeah good question - It’s a bit clunky, but you would have a “Send Email” module in Integromat with an HTML button in the email that says “Verify Email” which would be a webhook to Zapier (because currently only Zapier has access to some sort of Adalo POST and PUT methods) which triggers a Zap to update the user’s record in Adalo as verified (boolean property). Alternatively you can do the whole thing in Zapier until Adalo releases their API.

1 Like

Thanks alot, im gonna try it and Replay here with an update.
Then it’s Zapier again :frowning:
Zapier is slow, and it is expensive to make a pro subscription, i think that if it didn’t work then we have to wait for adalo’s 3rd party authentication.

1 Like

This is awesome. Just what I needed right now. Thanks @pford!

I think that it is now easier with Custom actions, right?

Haha yes definitely. Custom actions render this method somewhat obsolete.

1 Like

Good Video! really helping me out… but one issue i’m having is MagicText’s available data doesn’t include any TRUE/FALSE properties from my database collection… does anyone know of a way to get this type of data into integromat?

I think in order to use this method you will need to use just a text field that is updated alongside a boolean field. So instead of passing boolean parameters, you pass “true” or “false”. I think this is actually the way booleans are passed in JSON anyway. You might could also use a number field where 0 is false and 1 is true.

Thanks, as-per your suggestion, i’m attemping to create a automatic field in the form, so that “if Checkbox A is selected, Switch Field A = 1, otherwise Switch Field A = 0”

however, although i can select “use custom formula” in magic text, when the red tag appears, it won’t let me click on it to create my formula :frowning:

I think it may work better by creating a custom form instead of trying to use the form component.

1 Like

Thanks! i got the custom formula fields to pop-up, however… it seems i cannot select any of my checkboxes to reference data from them to use in my formula… I guess Adalo just isn’t there yet unfortunately… but thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Yeah typically I have to use dropdowns in place of toggle boxes. It’s really annoying.

1 Like

Genius work-around! It almost works for me but just not the same lol - I just wish checkboxes worked, so much better for toggling throughout the app… i’m basically shut down here :frowning:

1 Like