When a certain time/date is reached - perform an action

I’m looking to do something similar to Ebay where when an item reaches a certain date/time, it ends the auction, and sends an email to the buyer/seller.

Any idea how I might achieve this? :thinking:

Via Zapier API I guess, I also was looking for a way to do this.

Have seen the “trigger” expression in Adalo, but dont know yet whats its used for. heard on Podcast that Integromat is also the kind of service that could let you program that kind of stuff…

So there’s currently no way to do time-triggered actions in Adalo. You can set a visibility rule on the listing so that it stops displaying once the expiry date is reached by doing something like this:

But that won’t trigger any kind of workflow at the end of the auction. Ideally we’d have something like cron that would enable time-triggered actions in Adalo (vote for it here).

One workaround you could use now to do what you’re looking to do would be to use Zapier or Integromat as @luca and @bibipac suggested and use an external system like ActiveCampaign to initiate an automation at the close of the auction that does whatever you need to do like generating an invoice, notifying stakeholders, reminding them if payment isn’t made or the item isn’t shipped, etc.

If/when they resolve this bug it’ll be possible to do this all in Adalo via emulating wp-cron. But for now the only solution I can think of is to use an external system that handles time-triggered actions as the workflow engine for this.

1 Like

Check out this video on scheduling push notifications: Scheduled Push Notifications - YouTube

It’s similar to your use case in that Adalo triggers a Zap, but then there’s a Delay step in Zapier before doing an action (which would be sending an email in your case).