Adalo and social network app realization

Hello!
Adalo is fantastic. That’s what I’ve been searching for. So I plan to develop a social network app here. But at the moment there are too many questions. Basically, they are about performance, external DB use, proxing. In community I tried to dispel all doubts, but haven’t found information that everything is solved. I checked one of adalo app with similar to mine functionality and it was really slow :frowning:
The main question is - Adalo only for MVP and testing ideas, or it can be a full functionality app for fast growing (from few thousands to more than million users) social network (mostly standard functionality). Maybe not now, but in visible future. Or only custom development can help to expand.
Thank you for your answers!

In my opinion and experience, you can build a functional social network app trough Adalo, but you have to deal with slow performances once your user base grows too much. If you are thinking about a minimal social with only plain texts as post, should work even with 10.000+ users, but if you think to build the next Instagram with high quality photos and million of user you are probably in the wrong place.
But, i have big hopes for Adalo to became better and better, with more Developers involved on creation of custom components, the real key of Adalo, in couple with 3rd party API integration

2 Likes

Found very good explanation in topic “Apps Perfomance”.

2 Likes